Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #31
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
come to florida. nearly every woman here, or at least 95% of them, cant drive for shit.
I need to buy an M35A2C with a big fucking bumper on the rear right at radiator height for those mercedes driving teen girls who insist on sitting an inch from my bumper.
Florida tends to attract the airheaded portion of the female sex.........Those whose hobbies consist primarily of partying and laying on the beach.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #32
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

the number of citations is a bs data source.

Officers can choose or not in many cases whether the infraction warrants a citation - I know so many women who have gotten out of tickets just because they're hot and more than one has been asked for their number upon being pulled over.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Men hands down can drive an automobile better than women. However, women prolly cost insurances companies less coin, therefore under their assumption they are "better drivers".

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Men hands down can drive an automobile better than women. However, women prolly cost insurances companies less coin, therefore under their assumption they are "better drivers".

That's a generalization anad doesn't apply to all women.

Here is my take on it. Most women I know, learn to drive at a much later age than men. As we all know, when we are younger we learn things MUCH faster. As we get older our own brains get in the way, we tend to over-think things a little more as we get older.

Now, driving (once you have done it for a while) becomes like second nature, you don't really need to think about how to turn the wheel at a corner or how hard to press the brake when you want to stop at a traffic light.

The younger you are, the less cluttered your mind is with all the crap that comes with age/adult-hood, hence I believe someone younger has a better chance of driving becoming like "second nature" than someone older.

Take that into consideration, most guys learn to drive at 14-16 where most women I know, didn't start till 17-18. I think those couple of years can make the difference in someone's driving skills.

Now, back to the original comment, some of us women started driving at 13 (I drove to Georgia with my dad on a weekly basis and took over when he was sleepy) I drive just as well if not better than some or most of the guys I have met. I have more experience behind the wheel than they do.

It's all a matter of how and when you learn.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #35
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana-750_lady View Post
That's a generalization anad doesn't apply to all women.

Here is my take on it. Cliffs Notes: Big generalization about when people learn to drive.

It's all a matter of how and when you learn.
I don't know any women that started driving years after guys did. And I doubt the learning curve from 14-16 to 17-18 is that steep. The brain develops most from 6-13 for Language skills, then plateaus. I'm not sure that age is universal for all skills though, motor skills and hand/eye coordination could be much different.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

That might have to do with where you live ... the women I am talking about are hispanic, maybe that has something to do with it ...

I dunno