Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

Or would you guys prefer that they go bankrupt without any bailouts?
ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #12
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

GM is approaching a ventilator type life support. The problem at GM is that people are not buying their cars, and they are not building the cars the market has determined, and people are buying.

How many models of cars does GM sell for under 20K? Try to find a new car for under 17K on a GM lot. I have found most prices well in excess of 25K, and many more north of 30K. The price of GM cars is the biggest reason I don't visit their lots. Even Saturn, who began as a moderately priced car has moved into the high end range where they now have very few models you can drive off the lot under 20K.

When you factor in the extremely poor investment any automobile purchase is, along with the government's green initiatives to make operating an automobile very expensive, this creates even more hardship on the family as the economy shrinks, and families have to be radically careful with their money...people aren't buying cars

Until GM or any manufacturer can convince consumers back to the lots, it is just a fail waiting to happen

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/29/news...tune/index.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

20mil for wagoner
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=7208201&page=1

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

LOL...........$20 mil is small change compared to what some of the Wall Streeters got, and IMO those guys don't even have to handle as many diverse problems as an auto executive does.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #16
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
LOL...........$20 mil is small change compared to what some of the Wall Streeters got, and IMO those guys don't even have to handle as many diverse problems as an auto executive does.
Really?
Please explain..

Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Union labor, overseas production and labor, raw material sourcing & costs, the selection and management of thousands of suppliers, environmental and safety standards, not just for their products but for the factories that build them, extensive work adapting products to other countries, warranty policy, lemon laws, dealer network politics and figuring out ways to push unpopular vehicles onto their lots, extensive R&D on future technologies........how many Wall Street CEOs deal with these issues?

IMO the financial industry leaders are overpaid compared to manufacturing industry leaders...... Does that mean I advocate some sort of gov't salary caps, no.........Just spouting off my unproven and unproveable opinion.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-30-2009 at 03:13 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Union labor, overseas production and labor, raw material sourcing & costs, the selection and management of thousands of suppliers, environmental and safety standards, not just for their products but for the factories that build them, extensive work adapting products to other countries, warranty policy, lemon laws, dealer network politics and figuring out ways to push unpopular vehicles onto their lots, extensive R&D on future technologies........how many Wall Street CEOs deal with these issues?

IMO the financial industry leaders are overpaid compared to manufacturing industry leaders...... Does that mean I advocate some sort of gov't salary caps, no.........Just spouting off my unproven and unproveable opinion.

What do you think "financial industry leaders" responsibilities are?
What issues do you think they face?

Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #19
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Sorry, but the government fucks up most things they touch. God help GM.

I wasn't aware that it could get any worse for GM.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post

If it were a bank GM was approaching for cash vs the federal Government...
I would think the Bank would ask for "regime change" as well before loaning a coulpe of billion dollars.
It's one thing for a private company and another private company to invest and use input. Both have the ability to walk away and even argue with no consequences or repercusions for upsetting each other. It's another thing when you have the government telling someone what to do. Telling the government "No" can fuck your world up.

Plus the money was already given to them. Maybe there was a clause in whatever paperwork that said "If you recieve this money we can make decisions for you". But for the government to give them the money and then after they recieve the money put new terms on them. That's not good.

Now I am curious what stupid fucktard they will put in his place. Good luck finding a CEO who wants to make $500k (or may be told to later on), no bonuses (despite being in a contract), no private jet use, and demonized everytime he buys a non-domestic beer for being a "rich capitalist pig". If you worked some major overtime (or average hours a CEO uses) you could make $100k with no fucking worries.

GM is dying because of the UAW and that no one wants to buy a fucking peice of shit.