how much do maps cost?
Who was that directed at?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #102
jetskifast
Kneedragger

Moto: BMW F650GS BMW K1200S

Used to use Garmin Quest.
Since getting Palm Treo pro smart phone. Google has great maps, GPS to download for free. Google has directions and such, but if you want real gps with dash board speed ect. Purchase Tracky www.trackthisout.com for your smart phone, under $50 from online providers.
jetskifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #103
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Yeah, fuck buying a GPS... I never use mine and when I do it's fucked up half the time. I got Google Maps software on my phone and it's way better...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #104
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I have a HTC Touch Pro and it has google maps and can turn on gps. The only problem is the small screen so using it while riding is a "not gonna happen" thing.

I'm happy with my giant 500c. It can also be used as a big ass boulder to throw at thieves.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #105
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have Garmin Maps for my phone when I am in the cage. When I am on my bike I got an awesome deal on a waterproof Garmin Zumo 550 branded by BMW. It has bluetooth and MP3 capabilities so I can use it as an anchor point for my communication setup when I get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #106
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Still rocking my Garmin Nuvi. Still love it when I need it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #107
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Magellan Maestro 3225

it's not the greatest GPS in the world but it serves me well and it pretty durable.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #108
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I got a new phone a few days ago and must say that I am very happy with the built in GPS! It uses Telenav and so far it has been flawless. The only problem whatsoever is that it is slow to initially boot up but after that, very, very good. Oh and the fact that I can't get it to talk to me through a blue tooth headset... My phone has an almost 4'' screen so it pretty easy to see. Not bad for FREE!!! I was going to buy a new GPS but I think that between my old GPS and my phone, I should be alright!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #109
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I got a new phone a few days ago and must say that I am very happy with the built in GPS! It uses Telenav and so far it has been flawless. The only problem whatsoever is that it is slow to initially boot up but after that, very, very good. Oh and the fact that I can't get it to talk to me through a blue tooth headset... My phone has an almost 4'' screen so it pretty easy to see. Not bad for FREE!!! I was going to buy a new GPS but I think that between my old GPS and my phone, I should be alright!

My HTC touch pro has a program called "QuickGPS". What it does, is every 6 days you start it up and hit one button. It downloads satellite info and stores it for 6 days. Makes google maps find your position within seconds.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #110
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I had the Telnav software on my Samsung blackjack (which required the bluetooth GPS receiver). It worked fairly well with the exception of out in Colorado where it was convinced that the highway I was on was supposed to be several hundred feet to my right (which was a field IIRC) and kept recalculating the route.

I'm hoping they fixed that

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote