Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Right now, it's my job.
right back atcha.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #82
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Right now I have the lifestyle I want as a sales rep. I set my own hours/appointments and can take any amount of time I need for vacation/personal etc. as long as I am meeting my customer's needs and my numbers. Pay aint so bad either. The down side is that I put out a lot of "fires" and have people angry at me for things I have no control over (missing items, delays etc). The good news is I sell a product line (1.8million items) that every lab,manufacture in the world needs so I don't have to kiss too much ass like many sales reps do.

Do I love sales, no. I was trained as a scientist. Do I love science...thought I did till I realized I had to work my ass off for little/no recognition and pay.

No clue what my dream job would be.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #83
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Just had my first article accepted and have been asked to do another.

This kid just might end up a writer yet.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #84
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I'm on the path... buying a house is in my imminent future... I'm starting a new job next week (15% pay increase )... got the love a beautiful woman... Now I just need a dog, gotta pay off my student loans, and learn how to weld.

So...

1) Buying a new house - only thing holding me back is waiting for tax returns to add to the down payment

2) Getting a dog - I want an American Bulldog or something similar... ONSSP wants a Golden Retreiver... We'll prolly end up with a Lab... Buying a house FIRST.

3) Studen loans - unless I win the lottery, I'll be paying on these for a WHILE.

4) Learning how to weld - it's an expense I cannot justify as of yet... if someone gave me a bunch of equipment and wanted to show me how to use it, I'd be down.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #85
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Is the welding something to enhance your career or just something you want to learn to do?
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #86
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Is the welding something to enhance your career or just something you want to learn to do?
Just for fun... I'm pretty creative and I would like to build things...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #87
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Just for fun... I'm pretty creative and I would like to build things...
Thats cool. As my garage/shop grows and comes together I could see adding that to my list of toys, but thats still a ways off.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #88
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Thats cool. As my garage/shop grows and comes together I could see adding that to my list of toys, but thats still a ways off.
I'm with ya. My old man actually has an old oxy-acetelene setup he offered to give me and show me how to use, but I'm an elitist prick(and lazy)... MIG FTMFW...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #89
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm on the path... buying a house is in my imminent future... I'm starting a new job next week (15% pay increase )... got the love a beautiful woman... Now I just need a dog, gotta pay off my student loans, and learn how to weld.

So...

1) Buying a new house - only thing holding me back is waiting for tax returns to add to the down payment

2) Getting a dog - I want an American Bulldog or something similar... ONSSP wants a Golden Retreiver... We'll prolly end up with a Lab... Buying a house FIRST.

3) Studen loans - unless I win the lottery, I'll be paying on these for a WHILE.

4) Learning how to weld - it's an expense I cannot justify as of yet... if someone gave me a bunch of equipment and wanted to show me how to use it, I'd be down.
Yellow Lab FTW.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote