Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #41
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay here comes a little hate! Um why don't the rules apply to Buell? Don't the other motorcycle manufacturers have to field STREET bikes in the American Superbike class? In their own rule book it states that a bike has to be a certified streetbike to compete. That the bike must be available to the public for purchase. Does anyone doubt that Suzuki could produce a pretty awesome GSXR1000R race only bike for $40,000? I'm sorry, I honestly want an American company to race here and win here but without bending the rules. Without having the sanctioning body helping them. Without cheating!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but it just seems fucked up to me.
well motocyz aimed way too high. fisher doesnt build their own engines. roehr is 1200cc, supercharged, and still slower than a gixer 1k. and buell is very busy being an american bmw. did i miss any?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
well motocyz aimed way too high. fisher doesnt build their own engines. roehr is 1200cc, supercharged, and still slower than a gixer 1k. and buell is very busy being an american bmw. did i miss any?
Maybe Polaris/Victory will come out with something.... Oh and not building your own engine hasn't stopped Buell.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #43
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Maybe Polaris/Victory will come out with something.... Oh and not building your own engine hasn't stopped Buell.
yeah but i had enough faults listed already. i figured any more would put me into bashing territory

true there is polaris, indian too if we want to get technical. i was kinda trying to keep it to those who have current viable sporting options though
TWF Post whore #6
Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #44
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
yeah but i had enough faults listed already. i figured any more would put me into bashing territory

true there is polaris, indian too if we want to get technical. i was kinda trying to keep it to those who have current viable sporting options though
Define "viable", next year DMG will probably allow those Can-Am Spyders into Daytona Sportbike and allow them superchargers to get the necessary hp/weight ratio.

Polaris/Victory could really do it if they wanted to...
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 AM   #45
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Define "viable", next year DMG will probably allow those Can-Am Spyders into Daytona Sportbike and allow them superchargers to get the necessary hp/weight ratio.

Polaris/Victory could really do it if they wanted to...
lmao @ DMG, i wouldnt put it past them.

and by viable i just meant have something out right now. polaris doesnt really have anything on the horizon
TWF Post whore #6
Old 07-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
lmao @ DMG, i wouldnt put it past them.

and by viable i just meant have something out right now. polaris doesnt really have anything on the horizon
i have to admit that it's been "diverse" for sure! I mean now with the KTM Superduke out there racing, what's next? Maybe BMW should give up on WSBK and bring Troy and Ruben into this class.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:58 AM   #47
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

im willing to bet bmw will do better next year. rc8 is coming in too. of course KTM was smart enough to put together a BSB companion series to gain data for it...
TWF Post whore #6
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #48
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

"when they run superbike, ill shut my pie hole"- tigger.

Should have got you to put your money where your mouth is...

Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #49
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Okay here comes a little hate! Um why don't the rules apply to Buell? Don't the other motorcycle manufacturers have to field STREET bikes in the American Superbike class? In their own rule book it states that a bike has to be a certified streetbike to compete. That the bike must be available to the public for purchase. Does anyone doubt that Suzuki could produce a pretty awesome GSXR1000R race only bike for $40,000? I'm sorry, I honestly want an American company to race here and win here but without bending the rules. Without having the sanctioning body helping them. Without cheating!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but it just seems fucked up to me.
Thats the descrepancy I saw too...but I sure as hell wasn't gonna say anything.

I dont know...I can only assume they would argue that it is a mass produced bike in the form of the stock R. But the press release says otherwise...so I dont know how they got it in.

Then again, I really dont care. I dont closely follow racing. I dont get bent out of shape over it.

Direct from Buell.com:

Quote:
Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #50
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
"when they run superbike, ill shut my pie hole"- tigger.

Should have got you to put your money where your mouth is...

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote