Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default Brakes are in the mail!!!!!!

So a week ago I ordered a Brembo 19X18 radial master cylinder and steel braided lines for the RC as well as a new windscreen (I just may be able to see through this one ).

Now I won't be back to tinker on the bike for a few days and my first agenda is gonna be to get her started again (due to work I haven't been able to even start her for a year). But as soon as I get her some new nikes and legal to ride in Japan, I'll give you guys a full ride report on the RC with the new MC, SS lines, stock Nissin calipers and stock rotors. The stock brakes were decent, but I'm hoping that these are strong enough to
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Bad ass. I've considered a Brembo rear for the Buell...because you can hide it inside the swingarm. But I dont need any more power in the rear.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

The RC has plenty of stopping power out the rear stock, especially being a big cc twin (but you already know that). I wanted better stopping power out front with better feel. My habit of not using the rear brake may change with riding in Japan, but if I can do one mod at a time then I'm still making progress.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I hear ya. On the Buell the Brembo with a DarkHorseMoto caliper would get this result, which would look pretty cool:

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I hear ya. On the Buell the Brembo with a DarkHorseMoto caliper would get this result, which would look pretty cool:

MMMMMMMMMMM juicy........... I like it
Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
MMMMMMMMMMM juicy........... I like it
Me too....but the rear brake is actually usable right now. With the brembo, I'm sure easy locking would ensue.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Me too....but the rear brake is actually usable right now. With the brembo, I'm sure easy locking would ensue.
Carradine voice "Then you must learn moderation young grasshopper"

But I understand what you're saying and I agree. I need to start using the rear brake, especially in some of the mountains around me, but I don't need it locking the rear.