Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
a mini motard/kart specific track, location is secret due to potential neighbor issues til it's finished and built. I have raced on the layout already in bulldozed dirt with my knobbies. It's going to be awesome. It's being done in stages though, so it could be awhile before it's finished.
This sounds very cool !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #22
Clay
I know nothing...

How about a general area... LOL Are you talking about the gap area? You don't list your location. In short...will it be a real track worthy of hosting a weekend of real racing...or just something that's being built for the fun of friends and family? SEMRA is always looking out for new tracks!
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
How about a general area... LOL Are you talking about the gap area? You don't list your location. In short...will it be a real track worthy of hosting a weekend of real racing...or just something that's being built for the fun of friends and family? SEMRA is always looking out for new tracks!
Real racing, it will be a quality facilty and the guy wants to expand once he gets the first course going. It will be between Chattanooga and Knoxville.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #24
Clay
I know nothing...

Ahh man, now you've gone and got my hopes up. I'm a knoxville native...bro still lives there. Having a venue there would be unreal. With all the "hopes" we've been thru in "big bike" racing and tracks that were a sure thing that never happened... well, here's to hoping.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Ahh man, now you've gone and got my hopes up. I'm a knoxville native...bro still lives there. Having a venue there would be unreal. With all the "hopes" we've been thru in "big bike" racing and tracks that were a sure thing that never happened... well, here's to hoping.
Don't spread this around, the guy is keeping it hush hush. He doesn't want to chance neighbor resistance til he has reached a certain deadline that will make it harder for anyone to try to push him out. He's got a great plan and we should see some good asphalt kart/mini motard racing in this area.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #26
Clay
I know nothing...

I won't be saying anything to anyone. If it does really happen and he wants some real races held there, let me know and we'll no doubt make it happen.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I am going to go down there soon and checkout progress. He was thinking about opening it up for faster karts, I am going to try and talk him back down to fiddies. LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #28
Clay
I know nothing...

I'm thinkin' about mini road racing. Take a look at the thread I'm posting up here in a few mins of the SEMRA race this past weekend @ CMP. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.