Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default gun heads: HR-45

hmmmm

Quote:
Very important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

•It is registered

•You are fingerprinted

•You supply a current Driver's License

•You supply your Social Security #

•You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

•Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

•There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

It's right now in Subcommittee. If you want to hang it up, stall it there then it won't ever get to the floor for a vote. It's all about working the system

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I sent a letter to my congressmen from KY, the ones in MS, and the ones from ND as well. Stop trying to take my guns away!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

So...the worry is that they will make gun registration and licensing national?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I really thought the incoming House/Congress/Administration would put any attack on the gun laws off until/if/when/ the current President had his 2nd term firmly in hand. It would appear I was wrong.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Federal licensing and registration of firearms....
States choose the way they implement it and first check to see if you are a nut job, then keeps track of what you have.

Basically a DMV for guns.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I really thought the incoming House/Congress/Administration would put any attack on the gun laws off until/if/when/ the current President had his 2nd term firmly in hand. It would appear I was wrong.
nope it appears to be a mad dash to the left. 2010 and 2012 ought to be...fruitfull. im just hoping our gov has done enough to lose his seat.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
then keeps track of what you have.
This is where the problem is.

I don't own any guns. Never have. I intend to at some point. However, when that day comes, it's not anybody's business how many I have except mine.

Registration of firearms and their quantity will lead to two things.

1) Ultimately the government will decide at what point how many weapons you own constitutes a threat to national security. Cue the FBI to investigate, make you feel like a criminal, and take your weapons.

2) Once the weapons are registered, it becomes a simpler matter to start killing gun owner's rights to the point of weapons becoming illegal altogether. At that point, it's a simple matter to attempt to collect them. "Well, they're all registered. We know where they are. Let's go get them."

A particular popular phrase comes to mind here.....something about cold dead hands.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
This is where the problem is.

I don't own any guns. Never have. I intend to at some point. However, when that day comes, it's not anybody's business how many I have except mine.

Registration of firearms and their quantity will lead to two things.

1) Ultimately the government will decide at what point how many weapons you own constitutes a threat to national security. Cue the FBI to investigate, make you feel like a criminal, and take your weapons.

2) Once the weapons are registered, it becomes a simpler matter to start killing gun owner's rights to the point of weapons becoming illegal altogether. At that point, it's a simple matter to attempt to collect them. "Well, they're all registered. We know where they are. Let's go get them."

A particular popular phrase comes to mind here.....something about cold dead hands.
So everyone is nervous about a Slippery Slope?

Quote: