Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

KM? Do you live in Canada?

My XB has been problem free. Now, it's only got 7000 miles on it...but they've been as trouble free as could be for me, and the previous owner.

The belt is fucking awesome. It's quiet. There's no driveline lash, nothing to lube or adjust.

People can knock a Sportster engine all they want but the bottom line is that it is a rock solid, super strong, extremely reliable engine.

Oh...and FUCK YOU ebbs. Buells rule and your Kawi sucks.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Never a single problem with the '02 M2 Cyclone... except for sore facial muscles from all the grinnin'. Plus not a me-too bike, seen everywhere.

sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
KM? Do you live in Canada?

My XB has been problem free. Now, it's only got 7000 miles on it...but they've been as trouble free as could be for me, and the previous owner.

The belt is fucking awesome. It's quiet. There's no driveline lash, nothing to lube or adjust.

People can knock a Sportster engine all they want but the bottom line is that it is a rock solid, super strong, extremely reliable engine.

Oh...and FUCK YOU ebbs. Buells rule and your Kawi sucks.
Engine is Austrian, so they measure shit in KM All the shit is in both miles and KM in the manual, but it's an even amount in KM, looks fucked up if you go by miles.

And my bike has more miles than your bike... go ride that fucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #15
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Never a single problem with the '02 M2 Cyclone... except for sore facial muscles from all the grinnin'. Plus not a me-too bike, seen everywhere.

Dead. Friggin'. Sexy.

Dayum that is a beautiful bike!

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Dead. Friggin'. Sexy.

Dayum that is a beautiful bike!
I want one too!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

I want THAT color scheme.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
DaveDD
Trailer Queen

Moto: '03 Buell XB9S, '98 Kawi ZX6r, '92 Harley Sportster

I always have a great time with the Buell on the track. Here's some pics from the Buell Inside Pass trackday at Homestead Miami Speedway...

www.dalidecals.com
DaveDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post

I forgot you had a M2. That sucker is BEAUTIFUL!!!! You have any more pics of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Engine is Austrian, so they measure shit in KM All the shit is in both miles and KM in the manual, but it's an even amount in KM, looks fucked up if you go by miles.

And my bike has more miles than your bike... go ride that fucker!
Thats pretty weird. And listen buddy...I ride that motherfucker...alot...the problem is I also work ALOT...so I ride to work...which is 4 miles.

I got a total of 3 good rides in last year with that bike. 1 group ride with OTB and his Baltimore crew. And twice on my own...one of which I low sided.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
TrackRider54
Track Whore

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600, 2008 Kymco Agility 125

I've had my Ulysses since Nov. 2005. Other than the year one gremlins Fatty B mentioned (which were all corrected under warranty), it's been the best bike I've ever owned. Only one big failure, a blown voltage regulator and stator, to report (that was a warranty repair too).

I've owned BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Ducati....and none of them had the level of factory support Buell has. I've met and spoken with Erik Buell on two different occasions. I've toured the factory and seen them build a bike like mine. BadWeb is the best brand specific forum on the planet. Occasionally, a factory insider will post up anonymously to answer questions or give "unofficial" fixes to issues.

I can name several people at Buell HQ I've actually spoken with, but not one person from any other make I've owned. You simply can't put a price on that. You can buy a $20,000 Ducati or BMW and you won't be rubbing shoulders with the guy who designed or built your bike. For those of you who don't know what Erik Buell looks like, here's a couple of pics from when I've met him. He's just a "regular guy" who LOVES to talk bikes. Never acts like a big shot or like he's the CEO of a company. He's like a kid at Christmas when he's talking about his bikes. The folks who work there are the same way. They are very proud of the bikes they design and build. The guy behind Erik in the black shirt with his arms folded is Abe Askenazi (sorry if I spelled it wrong). He's one of the lead engineers at Buell. A VERY fascinating guy to talk to.

Even Buell's 500lb adventure touring bike will still rail down a twisty road:

Last edited by TrackRider54; 01-06-2009 at 03:26 PM..
TrackRider54 is offline   Reply With Quote