Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 01-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default '10 Buick Lacrosse or is it?

looks like an Lexus LS to me, but it is a beautiful car IMO

A long series of teasers and spy shots have given hints at what the 2010 Buick LaCrosse would look like, but today General Motors has revealed the whole package just ahead of the start of the Detroit Auto Show. While the design is completely fresh, the car is also "instantly recognizable as a Buick" says Ed Welburn, vice president of GM Global Design. Key styling elements, including the 'sweep spear' side feature, portholes in the hood and the waterfall grille carry over classic Buick traits.

The LaCrosse had originally been planned for a debut at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show, but that was pushed back due to cash shortfalls at the end of the year as GM pulled out of the show entirely. The CTS Coupe was also delayed, though when - or if - it will be shown is still unknown. Development of the car is believed to be on indefinite hold. The LaCrosse, however, has moved to production, and today's reveal shows that the car is still relevant despite the delay.

Three trims are available, equipped with a pair of engines. A 3.0L V6 direct-injection unit with 255hp (190kW) and 211lb-ft (286Nm) of torque is available with a six-speed auto in the CX and CXL trims, while a 3.6L direct-injection V6 with 280hp (209kW) and 261lb-t (354Nm) of torque mates with the same Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed auto on the sportier CXS. The CXL trim adds leather seats, dual-zone climate control, fog lamps, LED turn indicators and 18in wheels plus optional AWD to the base CX package. The CXS gets similar upgrades, plus a real-time active-dampening suspension with 19in wheels available as an option.

Fuel economy is estimated at a moderate 18mpg city/27mpg highway for the 3.0L V6, and 17/26 for the 3.6L unit. Curb weights are 3,948lb (1,741kg) for the base CX, 4,018lb (1,822kg) for the CXL with FWD, 4,199lb (1,904kg) for the CXL AWD and 4,065lb (1,844kg) for the CXS.

The all-new LaCrosse is another take on the FWD Epsilon II platform that also underpins the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia and eventually the next-gen Saab 9-5. With its new style, borrowed from the Invicta concept, that 'defines Buick's modern global design', the LaCrosse is prepped to be the brand's new ambassador.

Buick is pinning a lot of hope on the new LaCrosse, and has accordingly paid a lot of attention to the little things the company hopes will make it a success. Materials, fit and finish, design elements and features are all intended to provide a world-class experience.

"The new LaCrosse is intended to represent modern elegance," said Welburn. "Throughout the design, you experience a balance of contrasts. Both the interior and exterior have been designed with harmony in mind. The exterior balances taut, sculpted lines with sensuous accents and surfaces. Inside, smoked chrome accents, warm wood, first-class leather and materials combine with cool blue ambient lighting to create an inviting environment.”

A combination of sensing technologies designed to help provide the driver with a 360-degree view from inside the cabin put the LaCrosse fully into the 21st century, though if Buick's past models are any gauge, the high-tech features will be employed seamlessly behind the scenes, with little direct driver involvement. The end goal of the total safety package, which also includes front, side and roof-mounted head-curtain air bags and StabiliTrak stability and traction-control systems, is to achieve a perfect NHTSA 20 Star Safety Rating.

Production will begin mid-year at the Fairfax Assembly facility in Kansas City, Kansas with retails sales to start soon after.

All Content Copyright 2006-2008 Motor Authority

The new LaCrosse features an all-new design from the ground up

http://www.motorauthority.com/2010-b...-unveiled.html
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

A little low on the HP but it's a nice looking car. I would buy one.... if I was 50.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
looks like an Lexus LS to me, but it is a beautiful car IMO
Well, Toyota is in bed with GM so it would not surprise me one bit if they shared components or the base chassis

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
.... if I was 50.
My bro-in-law (35 yrs. old) just got the Buick Enclave (SUV).

I haven't stopped busting his chops about getting his AARP card.

That said, it is a very nice car and totes 6 adults comfortably.

I really like the looks of that new Lacrosse. I'd rock it and I'm only 30.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
My bro-in-law (35 yrs. old) just got the Buick Enclave (SUV).

I haven't stopped busting his chops about getting his AARP card.

That said, it is a very nice car and totes 6 adults comfortably.

I really like the looks of that new Lacrosse. I'd rock it and I'm only 30.
I looked at an Enclave but it felt like an old persons car so I got the GMC Acadia instead. The wood trim and wood wrapped steering wheel screamed old man to me.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Ok, that is a Buick I'd own.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Nice looking in a Lexus kinda way (almost a back handed compliment).

Wow..bout the same size as the old Lacrosse but packed on a 1/4 ton of wieght.

They better not let the bean counters destroy the interior like they do every other GM vehicle. Nice to look at in photographs but mediocre in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

It's definitely nice for a Buick........but the Lexus is better looking, IMO.

Too much chrome, the nose is too blunt, the ass is too generic, the windowsills are too high, and the wheel openings are too small in relation to the body.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Nice. I like it

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
101lifts2
WSB Champion