Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Joe Rocket Jacket.boots and Gloves review

Well,I got my Jordan replica jacket,boots and gloves and took them for a long ride today. The quality is very,very good and the leather is top notch. The gloves especially were very well made and allowed my fingers to move well enough to strap up my helmet when I forgot to. The boots are what I like to call street duty protection. They only have one strap and rely on velcro,albeit a copious amount,to keep them secure. They are well made and the fit and finish are top notch. The jacket's leather seems to be treated against water and is very supple and well stitched. The graphics,love 'em or hate 'em,are well done and look awesome. Looks wise,I could be happier...but..

THIS MOTHERFUCKING JACKET IS HOT!!! I don't mean as in I'd like to fuck it either! The aforementioned "treatment" apparently also prevents the garment from breathing. There are a couple vents on the jacket but overall the venting sucks!!! Man,I may as well have been wearing a plastic bag!! The boots also are not vented and can be a pain to get into/out of. Although they do have a cool ratchet system that you turn to tighten or loosen the strap.

Overall,for the $314 I have invested in all three of these items I'm reasonably happy. Heck,I rode to the bar last night and got a number over the jacket...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

My GPX 2-piece is hot too, especially in all-black and 100 degree heat. I just drink lots of water and keep riding.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My Teknic 2 piece is also extremely hot. It's got a couple of vents that don't do a whole lot...and in fact, look more like bicep extensions.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

The upside is, now that the weather is cooling down, my leathers are very comfortable.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote