Hard bags on a gixxer?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #32
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I have never had a single issue with my bike. I believe Kerry did make an adjustment on it to prevent the "herky jerky issue" but I never experienced it. Maybe he could chime in to tell you what he did. Bike is comfortable for me to about 500-600miles per day. If I did those kind of miles regularly though I would get some bar risers. I have also thought about getting some kind of a rear seat mounted luggage rack...I have also seen hard bags on a GSXr and they looked AWESOME.

This is the craziest GSXr set up I have seen and owner says it handles great.

Omg, that looks terrifying, yet very cool at the same time.

I really didn't mean to start a conversation about the issue my bike has. I have heard every remedy, and tried most of them. Nothing worked, until I finally got fed up and opened a ticket with American Suzuki. They worked with a local dealer where I brought my bike and final answer was yes they know it sucks, and it's not right, but that's the way they designed it, to get around it do this, kthxbai.

Their solution is to let the bike sit running in neutral for at least a minute after starting to allow the ECU to get into the right program before taking off. The bike is under warranty but they won't replace the ECU because they refuse to admit there is anything truly wrong with it.

F@ckers. This is one reason I have been leaning towards Kawasaki so heavily lately.
acalliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #33
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Hard bags on a gixxer?
Yeh its probably impossible.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. LOL

I'm not really one to be talking though.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Omg, that looks terrifying, yet very cool at the same time.

I really didn't mean to start a conversation about the issue my bike has. I have heard every remedy, and tried most of them. Nothing worked, until I finally got fed up and opened a ticket with American Suzuki. They worked with a local dealer where I brought my bike and final answer was yes they know it sucks, and it's not right, but that's the way they designed it, to get around it do this, kthxbai.

Their solution is to let the bike sit running in neutral for at least a minute after starting to allow the ECU to get into the right program before taking off. The bike is under warranty but they won't replace the ECU because they refuse to admit there is anything truly wrong with it.

F@ckers. This is one reason I have been leaning towards Kawasaki so heavily lately.
I hear you but if you think that Kawasakis are problem free... Your deal sounds really weird... wait, I could swear there's a fix for this...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I have never had a single issue with my bike. I believe Kerry did make an adjustment on it to prevent the "herky jerky issue" but I never experienced it. Maybe he could chime in to tell you what he did. Bike is comfortable for me to about 500-600miles per day. If I did those kind of miles regularly though I would get some bar risers. I have also thought about getting some kind of a rear seat mounted luggage rack...I have also seen hard bags on a GSXr and they looked AWESOME.

No problems here with 3 GSXRs in a row, the '03 had 42,000 at trade and my current ride is pushing 40,000...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote