Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Shark Review!!!

I went for a 100 miles today wearing the RSF helmet today and I must say that it is very quiet,light and comfortable. I've owned all of the major brands of helmets and the shield mechanism is the best hands down! Even Scorpion's set-up can't compete! Because the ratchet is "spring loaded" when you push the button the shield pops off on it's own. The load also causes the shield to "suck in" when the shield is closed for an almost perfect seal. Aerodynamics are outstanding! At 150 mph,I could turn my head any direction I chose without lift or buffeting. The coolest aero-trait was it didn't matter what angle my head was at,the helmet always felt "neutral"

The negatives are as follows; venting could be better (but noise would suffer) and there are NO provisions for speakers which made installing my radar detector system a fucking pain! A weird complaint I have is the placement of the chin strap retaining snap. It's right on my Adam's apple and sucks to snap.

Exterior paint and interior padding is what you would expect from a premium helmet. Excellent! I anticipate the arrival of my S800 and RSX models on Thursday!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I been really considering my next lid of a RSX. This just cements my reasons for considering Shark. I have heard great things about these lids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I been really considering my next lid of a RSX. This just cements my reasons for considering Shark. I have heard great things about these lids.
Yea,the only other thing I forgot to mention is that the chin and neck curtain are tight! Putting this helmet on is like being born again! I suppose this is one of the reasons why they are so quiet... Oh and I tried it out last night and fogging is non-existent,zero,nada....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

thanks for the review. I'm going to look at the Sharks tomorrow night
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

RSF? I haven't heard of that model. Where does that fall in their model line? Got a pic of the graphics?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/sharkhelmets
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
RSF? I haven't heard of that model. Where does that fall in their model line? Got a pic of the graphics?
From a few minutes looking around it looks like the RSF is an older model maybe. I found them on google but not on shark's site, unless they were mis-labeled.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
From a few minutes looking around it looks like the RSF is an older model maybe. I found them on google but not on shark's site, unless they were mis-labeled.
Yep! The RSF is the old top of the line Shark helmet. That's why I got it for under $100 shipped!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep! The RSF is the old top of the line Shark helmet. That's why I got it for under $100 shipped!
Nice, whatd they originally retail for? If I hadnt just bought my x11 a few months ago Id be searching for one right now.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #10
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

not a bad lid honestly. I"ll gladly rock one of those for the sake of silence on the rides.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote