Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Teknic suits actually have a rep for busting seems easily. A lot of track guys had a ton of bad experiences with them. I believe Kyle owns that suit and has used it a few times in testing, I think he may have had a seem bust, but I can't remember for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 06-24-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I own the chicane suit. I love it. Comfortable, the airflow is is great and I can ride all day wearing it and not feel hot. It held up well through 2 wrecks, one was a slow lowside where I slid on my side and was able to walk out of the slide, and a highside where I slid into a curb and broke a few bones. Not a scratch on me though, and I truly think that the suit saved my ass from spending a few weeks in the hospital. None of the stiching broke.

The one spot that has worn more than expected is the velcro for the knee slider. I might have at one point worn through a slider and been rubbing the velcro against asphault, but all that happened bad was that the velcro got torn up a little.

Overall I highly recomend it. Great price for a very good suit. I'll try to take some pics of the damage areas in a few and post them
Thanks,I appreciate the help. For $300 it's har to pass up. besides,if I wear it 10 times,it'll be a miracle. On the other hand if I get a A* I might wear it more because,well I like the looks of it better to be honest. We'll see what happens,thanks again.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Teknic suits actually have a rep for busting seems easily. A lot of track guys had a ton of bad experiences with them. I believe Kyle owns that suit and has used it a few times in testing, I think he may have had a seem bust, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks Bro. I really like A* gear and as I've said,I might actually wear that suit. Besides,it'll match my boots. tee hee..

Last edited by Trip; 06-24-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

This is the damage to the ass from sliding on it at maybe 30 mph

Th damage to the knee from thinking I still had some knee puck left

The knee armour (there is about 1/4" of leather around this thing, plus another 1/4" of padding on the inside

The elbow armour, just a 1/2" thick piece of foam, but there is another 1/2" of leather built into the suit. the same type of padding is on the hips and the back. During both my wrecks neither area felt like it was in any pain, even though the highside ended with a rather abrupt ending against the curb stopping me cold breaking some ribs and my collar bone (a driect hit on my upper arm is where i hit).

Last edited by derf; 03-23-2009 at 11:28 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

The A* looks like something that Buck Rogers would wear!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
The A* looks like something that Buck Rogers would wear!
BBBBBBBBB what's up Buck? bbbbbbb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Twiki_in_Buck_Rogers-1980.jpg (83.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Ok am I crazy or does this look like a super cool deal? I can pick whatever colors I want and they have mad choices. $351 shipped! I don't know,I'm thinking YES!

http://www.leather-shop.biz/servlet/.../81/Categories
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suit1.jpg (88.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg suit 2.jpg (67.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #18
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

That dude has no ass in that pic.

What's the differences between the styles of those suits...and why that particular one?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Amazing, looks too good to be true, yet for some reason i just don't think i can trust them, its just a little too good to be true. Especially teh little not at the bottom of the page that says over seas company. My mind automatically think that this is a website done get a bunch of orders quick then stall as long as possible and keep brining in money then up and dissapear.

But if it's true let me know I might just go ahead and get a new suit myself

This also scares me a little

Quote:
“International Buyers Including Canada" – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.”
“These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.”
“We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as ‘gifts’ - Canadian and International government regulations prohibit such behaviour.”

Last edited by derf; 03-23-2009 at 11:56 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #20
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Also check sportbiketrackgear. They have a few a* suits for 499 and may still do their 15% off on those too, not sure if theyll do it on clearance stuff.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote