Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #21
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
What I'm saying is I'm pissed off at the smoke that's been blown up our asses & the lies that's been told to us. My anger isn't about CF being sold, my anger is directed toward all the lying. I can't stand being lied to & have severed closer relationships because I was lied to. A person or entity is only as good as their word. But I guess I ask too much out of people to be truthful....gee...maybe I should lower my standards. Maybe then I wouldn't be so dissappointed with people.....
I know, I was just joking with you. But really it was to be expected. A large forum like that is not really a financially sound operation on its own. I'd guess the major reason Rez was even willing to foot the bandwidth bill was because it helped draw people into shopping at TrickTape. On its own it's not really viable unless you load it up with ads and charge people for memberships. Rob and Nancy made the decision that was best for their family. I can't blame them for that since I'd do the same thing. We were all a "family" over there, but real-world family trumps online family.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #22
LittleTaz
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: '00 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

I haven't been through a VS buyout before and waited to see how it would play out before opening my mouth.

It is truly disappointing.

I hope Rez's compensation was up front and not contingent upon memberships sold, member retention, etc...
And just for posterity's sake
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You should ask him how many ads he is going to place on the site. Go look at twowheelforum.com as your point of reference. 600rr.net has it the worst I think though.
R1 forums has it really bad as far as ad's from VS go also.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #24
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
R1 forums has it really bad as far as ad's from VS go also.
I'm still getting spam from R6 Messagenet to 'please come back', even though I only posted there about a half dozen times at most. Look over there and it's what CF will become in as little as a couple of weeks, if they operate true to form
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

for those coming over that are bitter or angry at previous mods, etc...

in their defense, even without knowing who they are, I can vouch for the lies and the deceptions that go along with being bought out by VS.

They only speak to the seller, make them agree to not say anything, even to their closest friends on the forum including all other admins and mods, then when they tell the admins, they give them false information to share with the mods and members, and THEN, when all is said and done, the admins and mods are the ones catching alot of shit and stuff for the lies and deceptions that they PASSED on as gospel from the owner/VS...

Just ask Gasman, one of our admins about that...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'm still getting spam from R6 Messagenet to 'please come back', even though I only posted there about a half dozen times at most. Look over there and it's what CF will become in as little as a couple of weeks, if they operate true to form
It's already there. Ads all over the place.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #27
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeos View Post
Rogue, I don't know what you feel you've been lied to about, but know that there' s a difference between Lying and telling the truth as one knows it....there may be some things that I've inadvertently lied about (yet to see) but only because I've based my statements on what I've been led to believe
I'm not talking about things you or any of the mods or Rez have or have not said. I'm talking about the filth that's spewed from Stew's mouth. You guys can only tell the truth as you know it & if you've been told something that you took for truth that was a lie, I can't really fault you...or anyone...for that matter. Shit happens. But knowingly & falsing being dishonest, telling a lie & making it appear to be truthful is something I don't deal well with at all. I'm honest & truthful to a fault...you guys know that...why is it so hard for others to be the same?

Like I said earlier....a person or entity is only as good as their word. Stew's sucks a big donkey dick & it's been made even worse by him attempting to play on our feelings & bond we have with Rez by offering "membership fees to be donated to Rez".....from a "free site!".....for the month of November. If anyone ever finds a secure & private way to donate to them, PM me. I don't have much & would love to give them something, but I'm not giving any of my hard eanrned money to a liar to taint before it gets to them. Besides, he's lied so much, how can we trust that all of the money would even get to them? Hmmmm???
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #28
Zeos
The 'Un-*****'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ok from me then.
Responded in your thread
Zeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #29
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Anybody try to plus one a thread yet?

TWFix, you sneaky fucks!!!

I got
we know you're gay, it's okay!!!!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #30
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:

I haven't been through a VS buyout before and waited to see how it would play out before opening my mouth.

It is truly disappointing.

I hope Rez's compensation was up front and not contingent upon memberships sold, member retention, etc...
Isn't that hilarious?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote