Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
My guess is he didn't want to deal with the questions all season again. I think he was just named batting coach for the Cardinals recently.
that's what i was thinking. me personally, i could care less if he did or didn't. He is an entertainer and i enjoyed watching him hit bombs as did the entire fan base that paid their money to go and see him when he came to their town.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
that's what i was thinking. me personally, i could care less if he did or didn't. He is an entertainer and i enjoyed watching him hit bombs as did the entire fan base that paid their money to go and see him when he came to their town.
me too....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Also, like I've said for years. You can use steroids all you want, but it wont help you hit the ball any better. It takes amazing hand eye coordination to be able to hit something that is traveling 95mph in which you have less than half a second to make up your mind if you will or wont swing.

It was like that snow border kid in the winter olympics a few years back that got his gold medal taken away for testing positive for weed...WEED, I mean come on, dude scores a gold medal while toking a doob, I'd give that mother fucker 10 gold medals for that.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Also, like I've said for years. You can use steroids all you want, but it wont help you hit the ball any better. It takes amazing hand eye coordination to be able to hit something that is traveling 95mph in which you have less than half a second to make up your mind if you will or wont swing.

It was like that snow border kid in the winter olympics a few years back that got his gold medal taken away for testing positive for weed...WEED, I mean come on, dude scores a gold medal while toking a doob, I'd give that mother fucker 10 gold medals for that.
A fan on the radio said that about mcguire too, the steroids may have given him mor epower but he still had the skill to hit a baseball.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

While the weed didn't give any advantage to the boarder, the roids did give an advantage to McGwire (or he wouldn't have taken it).

Yeah, some nobody taking roids isn't going to help him become a hitter if he wasn't already one before, but McGwire already knew how to hit, and already had the hand-eye coordination, all he wanted was more power.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #16
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Every power hitter from that era (except Griffey) was linked to roids in some form or another.
MLB turned a blind eye to it, as long as stadiums were full. Guys like McGwire and Sosa put baseball back on the map in '98, and nobody gave a damn then.

Chicks dig the long ball.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #17
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Because politics/politicians demand someone to point a finger at.
Politicians are the only people who cheat more than atheletes.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #18
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
How come Phelps' medals weren't taken away then?

Double standard.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #19
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Politicians are the only people who cheat more than atheletes.
Exactly, they need something to remove the focus from themselves.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
How come Phelps' medals weren't taken away then?

Double standard.
Would have been too much of an uproar in the media/public. They figured taking it away from a snowboarder wouldn't get noticed.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote