Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
IMO all bowl games suck because they only prove which teams get the best ratings. Popularity contest instead of a sports matchup
Ok. They are definitely not as good as a true playoff but many of them are still fun to watch imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think Auburn will roll. Everybody is underestimating that SEC defense with the task of stopping the oregon offense. It is a better defense than they saw all year long in the pac ten. Just think back to last year. Oregon is the same exact team just with a change in qb name. An ohio state team that was exactly the same as this year stopped them flat on their face, and auburn is a BETTER team all around than that osu team. I think auburn stuffs the run game early and forces some passing turnovers. Cam throws for a couple tds. Oregon didn't scare me last year sand they don't scare me this year, they should have lost to a floundering Cal.

Stanford should run the ball down VTs throat. They should win easily.

I think the osu/ak game should be interesting. I think the sec curse continues and the ex-Michigan man Mallet will lead a last minute td drive against my buckeyes... ala texas in 2008.
I think Oregon is better than last year BUT yes I do expect Auburn to win.

VT's won 11 in a row and are a solid team but Stanford is a beast this year so it should be interesting. I'll even go as far as to say Stanford won't win 'easily'. Old Frank Beamer and his staff usually have a few tricks up their sleeve especially when it comes to special teams so they may even pull it out in the end.

OSU should have suspended those players for the bowl game. It is pretty much BS to wait until next season aginst 4 cupcakes and maybe 1 decent team but whatever I guess.

I guess Tressel is trying his damnest to beat an SEC team.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

BTW I think Auburn is going to have an easy win. I still watch them, but the whole system pisses me off.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that fact that UW took Nebraska to the wood shed. Good win for FSU to beat SC. There have been lots of good games along with the major blowouts.

As far as Oregon and Augburn.... I think Oregon will win. I just can't see Auburns offense keeping pace with Oregons. It will definitly be a shootout though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that fact that UW took Nebraska to the wood shed. Good win for FSU to beat SC. There have been lots of good games along with the major blowouts.

As far as Oregon and Augburn.... I think Oregon will win. I just can't see Auburns offense keeping pace with Oregons. It will definitly be a shootout though.
Oregon doesn't play anyone good. Its so far skewed. I seriously doubt they would have made it through a playoff system. I guess we'll find out.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Oregon doesn't play anyone good. Its so far skewed. I seriously doubt they would have made it through a playoff system. I guess we'll find out.
Oh yeah and TCU didnt play anybody either and look how that turned out.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

Oh yeah...no kidding...Washington spanking Nebraska did surprise me and especially with it being so one sided.

Quote:
BTW I think Auburn is going to have an easy win. I still watch them, but the whole system pisses me off.

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about the system.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Oh yeah and TCU didnt play anybody either and look how that turned out.
Wisconsin is not a team like Auburn and the Big Ten all across the board looked like garbage this year so winning to everyone in it but Michigan State didn't prove very much. This is a completely different match up.

I fully expected TCU to beat Wisconsin.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Wisconsin is not a team like Auburn and the Big Ten all across the board looked like garbage this year so winning to everyone in it but Michigan State didn't prove very much. This is a completely different match up.

I fully expected TCU to beat Wisconsin.
I wasnt sold on tcu this year but they played their asses off in that game and I was glad i could see it even though I was kinda pulling for wisconsin. Guess we will se how the mighty OSU fares now.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I wasnt sold on tcu this year but they played their asses off in that game and I was glad i could see it even though I was kinda pulling for wisconsin. Guess we will se how the mighty OSU fares now.
OSU isn't that hot either. They almost lost to PSU this year and we suck right now.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #20
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
OSU isn't that hot either. They almost lost to PSU this year and we suck right now.
I do want to see osu get their asses handed to them, hope Ark can pull it off. Mallet needs a big game after choking in the alabamba game.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote