Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Nexx Helmet

http://www.nexx-usa.com/Scripts/prod...idproduct=1699

First of all, this helmet is EXTREMELY light. As in, my helmet case seemed almost empty. It is made from, what they refer to as, a tri-composite shell of carbon-kevlar-fiberglass and it shows.

My head, in the past, has been extremely difficult to fit. This helmet came with a packet of extra pads to put into the helmet for a custom fit. Arai seemed to wear faster than my past helmets - the padding was a good fit for about the first month of wear. Then it simply didn't fit. Shoei gave me what many refer to as the "Shoei spot" in the middle of my forehead. You know, that red spot that doesn't hurt, it just looks like something has been pressing on the middle of your forehead [as it has]. I have no complaints about my Suomy Vandal, the fit is really great. I just didn't think it possible, until now, to have a helmet that felt lighter. We'll see what happens to fit as I wear it more often. So far, so good.

The BIGGEST deal about this helmet is the back of it. The helmet is contoured to be high enough in the back to not interfere with a collar or hump on a set of leathers. It was incredible, to have full mobility, without my helmet rubbing on the neck of my leathers.

Now, I need a dark shield....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote