Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar
Default Most Memorable Ride

Quote:
In Sep 2008 I rode from Fargo to Tenn. via My brothers in Omaha, Eureka springs AR, and Ft Walton Beach FL. I met four members and long time e-friends along the way... but the most memorable part was from Tenn to Indy.

There were five of us... Katherine, Rae, Fatburg, Trip, and myself. we were headed from Trip's place just south of Knoxville, Tenn. and headed up to Indianapolis via any twisty road we could find.

Trip lead for a while... but then a couple wrong turns and Fatburg took over with mr. Garmin providing the route.

I saw a midget fly, Trip slide through a grass corner, what a gas crisis in KY looks like, Katherine hitting my kill switch as the light turned green... twice, Trip's blinker for 35 miles then shut it off and a sudden turn 2 min later, Rae do Yoga at 55mph, Trip almost touch the supports of a bridge as we rode across, Katherine and Ryan do the rain dance... after the rain had started, Trip try to ass pack Fatburg, and a 8hr ride turned into 12+hrs.

it was by far the greatest ride of my short riding life thus far. but that's to be expected when you're riding with good friends and on a good route.

I'm tempted to try that route again with a crew of friends... but I don't think it'll ever live up to that trip.

honestly... I don't think I'd want it to.

so what's yours?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I rode from Feb - June 2007 and covered over 20,000 miles camping and staying with different folks along the way. I saw mountains for the first time, saw NYC, D.C., the Gap, the Atlantic ocean, and visited all 4 time zones. I talked to and met so many different bad-ass people along the way that it changed my life. Among the memorable events of the trip was racing mini bikes with Clay, riding the seven mile bridge, meeting the South Florida crew, hanging with Jay Man and his family (and skydiving), strapping a 9 gal GS gas tank to my Strom in Cosby, Tn after an amazing ride and a gas leak, everything Utah, NYC, iDave, Scott's amazing route from NC to Vegas, running out of soap and riding in a snowstorm with Whip through the Rockies outside Durango.

1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

probably my first night ride with my friend kevin (rip) my black hurricane and his back rr. i learned more following him around that night than any other single experience. damn i miss that guy.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
t-homo
WSB Champion

Probably the iron butt so far. long as fuck, tiring as fuck, but still rewarding as fuck.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote