Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #11
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Ah that sucks man.. I don't get people. They had to have known there was a chance of fucking killing you.. bastards.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #12
t-homo
WSB Champion

Similar thing happened to one of my friends a couple weeks ago. A few wigger ass dudes who were mid 20s swung a golf club at one of my friends as they were passing him a couple of times.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #13
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

It is only people like that that I wish a horrible firey death upon.
Why can't they rearend a parked pinto?

Would that not prove karma exists?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
Ah that sucks man.. I don't get people. They had to have known there was a chance of fucking killing you.. bastards.
With how stupid and lacking of common sense people/kids are these days, they probably had/have absolutly no idea what damage could be caused by their actions.

A couple years ago my buddy who is a truck driver had some college kids pass him on interstate and throw a live chicken at him. It smashed through the pass side windshield and landed in the pass seat, still somewhat alive, stunned, and NOT happy. He managed to chase down and stop the kids, got their info and they paid for everything... especially when their parents got involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

There was a kid waiting to cross the road I was on. He had a buddy with him. The kid was on a skateboard, his friend was on a bicycle. When I got closer, the skateboard kid put his board on the ground and gave it a shove with his foot, stopping it just before it flew out into the street in front of me. I had to brake pretty hard, but nothing panicky.

I went by, then realized how stupid that was of him, and how badly he could have hurt someone that wasn't paying close attention to them. So, I turned around, found him right in front of his house, and chewed his ass. I told him if he does some shit like that to the wrong person, he's liable to cause an accident, or get his ass kicked. I also asked him if he would like to accompany me to his house so we could explain the whole thing to his parents. He didn't really want to do that. He was pretty scared, especially since his iPod was turned up so loud that he never heard me coming until I hit my horn about 2' behind him. I don't think he'll be doing that again.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I figure if I was at 50mph and they were doing a minimum of 55 that the impact was like my bike getting hit by a full soda can traveling at 105 mph.
Actually it still is only like 50mph or less UNLESS the can was accelerating towards you, which in fact it was probably slowing down. lol

Anyway, typical punks. I've had fuckers going the opposite way throw liquids out their windows a few times. Not to mention purposely swerving etc. etc.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually it still is only like 50mph or less UNLESS the can was accelerating towards you, which in fact it was probably slowing down. lol

Anyway, typical punks. I've had fuckers going the opposite way throw liquids out their windows a few times. Not to mention purposely swerving etc. etc.
good point. I wish someone had told the can that

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:

Go brush up on your physics That can didn't instantaneously drop from 55mph to 0. It would have slowed some- and I'm not routing around for a textbook!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #19
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Go brush up on your physics That can didn't instantaneously drop from 55mph to 0. It would have slowed some- and I'm not routing around for a textbook!
No...the force is only equal to the fastest moving object, unless that object is fixed such as a barrier, then you use the speed you are traveling. A car going 60mph hitting a fixed barrier recieves a similar force as hitting another car coming in the opposite direction at 60mph. If the wall deflects though, then the car hitting the wall will sustain less damage, which is usually the case.

I've had Dynamics lol.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 09-27-2009 at 01:10 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #20
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
No...the force is only equal to the fastest moving object, unless that object is fixed such as a barrier, then you use the speed you are traveling. A car going 60mph hitting a fixed barrier recieves a similar force as hitting another car coming in the opposite direction at 60mph. If the wall deflects though, then the car hitting the wall will sustain less damage, which is usually the case.

I've had Dynamics lol.
You should get your money back.

Conservation of energy: If the can of soda bounced backwards after hitting his bike, the force of the impact was greater than the force contained in the moving can of soda. Even if the soda were the fastest moving object.

The fastest moving object doesn't always have the most kinetic energy in a collision either. So you're wrong that a moving soda can will not apply more force on a bike than a stationary one.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote