150mph on surface streets.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #22
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
day 8 I was fine... day 2 and 3 was a nightmare though for opening my eyes... but I rode on day 5 on...

imagine your eyes got pretty dry...
Yup, that was it. Dry eyes = blurred vision = going too slow on curvy roads = many angry cage drivers behind you. ( I would pull over once 5 or so cars got behind me, let them pass, and start over again) Fun trip (really).
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

learning how to ride I went with my "harley friends" (hadn't met any sportbikers yet) on my little 250 to a local bar (go figure). I sat there all night drinking soda.

I come outside to find some asshole had moved my motorcycle out of a parking spot so he could park his truck there. He moved me on to some broken up concrete/gravel. I go on the bike, fired it up and started to try and back up. I couldn't with the gravel, my short legs and slight up hill angle. I wasn't experienced enough to know I could get off and push it back so I put it in gear and tried to u-turn it in gear in the fairly large "parking spot" I was in. I got it almost all the way around till I was butting right up to a parked car (dont' know if it was the guy that moved me but it was the same spot).

I pulled the clutch in and started to try to back it up so I could complete my turn but I slipped on the gravel and dropped the clutch. BAM! right into the side of the truck. A bunch of drunk guys came running out including the shit faced truck owner. They all started screaming at me and my "lack of riding skills" and as I asked them to help me while I got off the bike. They let it tip over onto the pavement. Thank you!

Next thing I get is that I MUST be drunk and they are calling the cops. I told them go ahead, I'm sober and I have insurance. The truck owner then realized he would be busted for being so shitty himself so he said I could leave if someone picked my bike up and I couldn't ride it or he would again call the cops. I was hysterical at this point and called a good friend to get me.

He came over, bought all the guys a round of shots and they forgot about me and let me ride home. I lost my confidence that day and after them telling me over and over "this is why women shouldn't ride" I just about believed them. I'm glad I got over it and worked to put as many miles as I could on that year.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Well other than actually wreck it has to be this...

When buying my very first bike...a 1988 Kawasaki Ninja 600R I had no real clue how to even ride it. Yes I knew right hand throttle/front brake...left hand clutch...left foot shifter and right foot rear brake but still no real clue how to ride it.

I had NEVER ridden on the street either and I picked it up when I got off of work on Friday afternoon in rush hour traffic.

I was real hesitate to jump out into traffic so I decided to ride around in a neighborhood behind the dealership. Well I did and then all of a sudden about a 1/2 mile away it started sputtering and cut off. I tried and I tried to restart it to no avail.

Pushed it off the road and parked it behind a building and walked back up to the dealership.

Told the guy the piece of crap was ALREADY giving me problems.

He said humm...."well maybe it's out of gas...did you switch it to reserve?"

I was like ...needless to say...I turned around...walked out red faced and all back to the bike...switched it to reserve...it started and I was on my way.

I thought I'd never get home alive being in rush hour traffic...but I did.

That was over 20 years ago...glad my current bike doesn't have a switchable reserve.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Rode about 5 miles trailing a 50-foot extension cord that got caught in the kickstand.

It was my favorite extension cord, too
Old 11-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #26
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

OH then there was the time when I was riding my brand new 250 around my neighborhood (wasn't brave enough for the street yet) and past by some good looking moving men moving a new neighbor in. On of them (of course the best looking) flagged me down and started chatting my ear off about how he thought it was so kick ass that a girl was riding a bike. Well after about 30 mins of flirting I went to fire my bike back up and found the battery was dead cause my dumb ass had turned it off with the kill switch and not the key. Mr. Hottie had to run inside to get his "bike riding friend" to come out and bump start it for me. I hid in the house/garage till they were done with the move and on their way.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #27
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I've done some stupid moves, although not always intentionally.

Stupidest though was probably trying to beat the pants off some boys on a group ride who refused to ride behind the girls. Was hard to focus on riding with both of our egos out there. After a few minutes I cooled off and backed right off. Not worth it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

hmmmm.... its hard to pick just one.

Though on a trip across Canada on an rc51, i'm pretty sure i nodded off for half a second, because when I noticed, I was in the other lane. Thankfully I was in the prairies and there wasnt a car to be seen for miles. I was way too tired to be riding (had been going 16+ hours), yet i kept on.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #29
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

Though on a trip across Canada on an rc51, i'm pretty sure i nodded off for half a second, because when I noticed, I was in the other lane. Thankfully I was in the prairies and there wasnt a car to be seen for miles. I was way too tired to be riding (had been going 16+ hours), yet i kept on.
I did this on the 401 in Toronto in Cottage traffic. NOT recommended!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #30
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

I did that coming back through arkansas.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote