Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #91
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I thought the new cbr1 was gross until I saw it in person. Pics definitely dont do it justice so Im hoping the R1 is the same way. Now the zx10 is just hideous all the time.
hideously sexy
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #92
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I dont think theres a stock pipe I like anymore. The only one that I can think of is the stock black one that came on the 06-07 gsxr 600 and 750.
That was a good looking stocker.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #93
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

the r1 is vanilla is person, just looks there i cant say i liked it but the front end does look goofy

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #94
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
the r1 is vanilla is person, just looks there i cant say i liked it but the front end does look goofy
And the tail section is very wide.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #95
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

and z06boy, im sure you are right. im sure they will sell every one of em. if people are willing to drop eighty grand on a 40k dodge challenger im sure they'll be just fine. they just could have done so much more. hell. hows about a flat planed crank to make that sucker scream? oh wait i forgot its a legacy v8 vehicle (even though it started life as a six) and the old guys wouldnt be able to accept it if it wailed instead of rumbled. gay
I don't call it gay...I call it...to each their own. All I was sayng is that it wasn't a waste to build...the car is a badazz...but I agree...cost too much.

I won't be buying one...can't afford it but yes I'd rock it in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman
Really the appeal of special ed (sorry had to)vettes are no different from the Shelby Cobra GT500, the Saleen Mustang, or for that matter the Special edition Yammie R1 which came out modded with Ohlins suspension or the R7. They are limited edition bought it fast and moddified specials that will have a appeal to a certain niche of enthusiast. Performance numbers and how it ranks against it's competition (or even the regular model) doesn't really apply.

You could buy a base Mustang GT and with between $6-8000 mod it to GT 500 spec but in the end you just have a modded GT. But the Shelby GT500 badge and title mean something else all together (IMHO you spent too much). Not my cuppa I am way biased to function over form and as cheap as I can get by, but some folks (alot of them) see it different...
Exactly right imho.

That's why I bought a completely stock C5 Z06 sitting in a guys garage back in 2002 with 9k miles on it...at a good price. Every mod the car now has...blower...cam...intake...full exhaust...rear gears...clutch...lightened flywheel...shifter...lowered...etc...came AFTER I bought it.

I couldn't afford to buy a Lingenfelter model so I bought parts here and there and ended up with about the same thing and love it....BUT at the end of the day no...it's not an actual Lingenfelter model...but I have a lot less $$ in it for basically the same thing.

My supercharger...boost gauge and longtube headers were taken off of a Z06 at Lingenfelter and shipped to me. The rich guy that owned it decided it wasn't fast enough so he had them take it out and send it to me and went to a 427 TT.

*edit* My reference to "the rich guy" is based on the fact that he also had a Ferrari and a huge house in Chicago and $$ seemed to be no issue with him. He gave me a great deal on the supercharger.

Last edited by z06boy; 09-17-2008 at 01:27 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #96
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I don't call it gay...I call it...to each their own. All I was sayng is that it wasn't a waste to build...the car is a badazz...but I agree...cost too much.

I won't be buying one...can't afford it but yes I'd rock it in a heartbeat.

Exactly right imho.

That's why I bought a completely stock C5 Z06 sitting in a guys garage back in 2002 with 9k miles on it...at a good price. Every mod the car now has...blower...cam...intake...full exhaust...rear gears...clutch...lightened flywheel...shifter...lowered...etc...came AFTER I bought it.

I couldn't afford to buy a Lingenfelter model so I bought parts here and there and ended up with about the same thing and love it....BUT at the end of the day no...it's not an actual Lingenfelter model...but I have a lot less $$ in it for basically the same thing.

My supercharger...boost gauge and longtube headers were taken off of a Z06 at Lingenfelter and shipped to me. The rich guy that owned it decided it wasn't fast enough so he had them take it out and send it to me and went to a 427 TT.

*edit* My reference to "the rich guy" is based on the fact that he also had a Ferrari and a huge house in Chicago and $$ seemed to be no issue with him. He gave me a great deal on the supercharger.
Thats awesome man. Do you do your own work on it or take it to a shop? I knew it was modded but I never knew what all was done to it. Thats a pretty bad ass set up. Any pics of te engine bay and such?
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #97
z06boy
Letzroll

Ok since I've been involved in "Vette talk" in a thread about the 09 R1 I feel obligated to at least contribute to the original topic.

I don't really know if I like the new R1...performance #'s will help...I'm not too crazy about the look but maybe it will grow on me but so far I like my 07 better.

Here are some chopped pics of the 09...looks a lot better with some work to the undertail/exhaust area. The front is still hurting though.

Added accents to the seat...

Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #98
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

I guarantee the first new R1 I see in black race plastics with a couple slick parts on it, I'm going to blow my load all over the place.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #99
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

i'M CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THE TRACK 'GLASS MAKERS WORK AROUND THE HEADLIGHTS. iT'S NOT LIKE IT'S A SEALED LENS they can just make a mold over, you know? But they still have to leave the area for the intake in tact.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #100
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Thats awesome man. Do you do your own work on it or take it to a shop? I knew it was modded but I never knew what all was done to it. Thats a pretty bad ass set up. Any pics of te engine bay and such?
Thanks. I do the bolt on basic stuff like the intake and some of the exhaust...a friend helped me with the stuff like lowering...adding the headers and boost gauge and things like that but another guy that I know put in the cam...rear gear...clutch/flywheel and dyno tuned it.

It's not a race car...plenty of cars around putting out bigger #'s but it sure is a fun car and since 2002 and about 44k miles very reliable. It's good for about 500 rwhp and close to that in tq. It weighs a little over 3000 lbs which isn't bad.