Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 09-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #81
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
If by 'pertiest shit' you mean 'looks like every other lame blue and white gixxer already on the road' then yes, it's the pertiest shit.

That aint the 09 gixxer 1K. Thats a PS job.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #82
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Hope the new GSXR looks that good. The way things have gone with all the OEMs they gets uglier and uglier...

The black n gold is a Euro model for now but we get a black with red hilights...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #83
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Because you are a pussy to ride a reliable cheap japanese bike.
Yeah really !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
styling and performance.

#1 its a higher spec of vette but its still a vette and looks enough like regular ones that non enthusiasts arent gonna be impressed.

#2 90% of the folks buying them will never access those limits. now thats not usually a huge deal, hell bikes are a great example of that. however, the way chevy built that power is THE SAME EXACT WAY YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE MODDING THE CAR AFTERMARKET! as the oem (and especially one asking so much for the product) they should have added power in a way we cant. be it an lsx based v12 or some exotic unobtanium technology. to my mind theres no reason to buy the fucker and almost no reason to build it
Well we each have an opinion and I'd say you're wrong about "no reason to buy the fucker and almost no reason to build it"...they will sell ALL of them.

I'm not interested in one...too much $$ BUT I bet they will have NO problem selling them especially since they are being built in limited supply.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #84
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Really the appeal of special ed (sorry had to)vettes are no different from the Shelby Cobra GT500, the Saleen Mustang, or for that matter the Special edition Yammie R1 which came out modded with Ohlins suspension or the R7. They are limited edition bought it fast and moddified specials that will have a appeal to a certain niche of enthusiast. Performance numbers and how it ranks against it's competition (or even the regular model) doesn't really apply.

You could buy a base Mustang GT and with between $6-8000 mod it to GT 500 spec but in the end you just have a modded GT. But the Shelby GT500 badge and title mean something else all together (IMHO you spent too much). Not my cuppa I am way biased to function over form and as cheap as I can get by, but some folks (alot of them) see it different...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #85
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Really the appeal of special ed (sorry had to)vettes are no different from the Shelby Cobra GT500, the Saleen Mustang, or for that matter the Special edition Yammie R1 which came out modded with Ohlins suspension or the R7. They are limited edition bought it fast and moddified specials that will have a appeal to a certain niche of enthusiast. Performance numbers and how it ranks against it's competition (or even the regular model) doesn't really apply.

You could buy a base Mustang GT and with between $6-8000 mod it to GT 500 spec but in the end you just have a modded GT. But the Shelby GT500 badge and title mean something else all together (IMHO you spent too much). Not my cuppa I am way biased to function over form and as cheap as I can get by, but some folks (alot of them) see it different...
all im saying is for that bread the factory needs to do something besides slap on off the shelf parts. the eighties ZR1 cost almost double the base vette but at least you got the engineered by lotus dohc LT5 to show for it.

and z06boy, im sure you are right. im sure they will sell every one of em. if people are willing to drop eighty grand on a 40k dodge challenger im sure they'll be just fine. they just could have done so much more. hell. hows about a flat planed crank to make that sucker scream? oh wait i forgot its a legacy v8 vehicle (even though it started life as a six) and the old guys wouldnt be able to accept it if it wailed instead of rumbled. gay
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 09-12-2008 at 07:14 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #86
NEW469
Street Stunter

Default 2009 R1 Fugly

IMO .....R1s use to be the benchmark of a sexy sportbike....

WTF happened to the 2009 R1....it looks like the offsrping of a Firebolt & R1....

Did the same clown who designed the new CBR 1000 also design the '09 R1? this has got to be just as fugly as the CBR 1k....maybe even fuglier.

I was looking forward to getting a new R1...looks like I'll be waiting for the next revamp.
NEW469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #87
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW469 View Post
IMO .....R1s use to be the benchmark of a sexy sportbike....

WTF happened to the 2009 R1....it looks like the offsrping of a Firebolt & R1....

Did the same clown who designed the new CBR 1000 also design the '09 R1? this has got to be just as fugly as the CBR 1k....maybe even fuglier.

I was looking forward to getting a new R1...looks like I'll be waiting for the next revamp.
I thought the new cbr1 was gross until I saw it in person. Pics definitely dont do it justice so Im hoping the R1 is the same way. Now the zx10 is just hideous all the time.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #88
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I thought the new cbr1 was gross until I saw it in person. Pics definitely dont do it justice so Im hoping the R1 is the same way. Now the zx10 is just hideous all the time.
My thoughts exactly. I was in Korea while the 1000RR dropped and immediately judged tham as ugly as fuck. Saw one in person and another and another and I really like the looks now. I'm holding my judgment on the R1 til i see it in person.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #89
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

idk, the rr is ugly in pics, and ugly in person. the r1 looks badass, cept for the pipe. looks like the pipe came off a b-king lol
Old 09-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #90
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
idk, the rr is ugly in pics, and ugly in person. the r1 looks badass, cept for the pipe. looks like the pipe came off a b-king lol
I dont think theres a stock pipe I like anymore. The only one that I can think of is the stock black one that came on the 06-07 gsxr 600 and 750.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote