Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #141
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Probably what he was hoping for (street cred). Then he could finally sell some records like Tupac and Biggie.

This is racist shit 100% (or at least bigoted). If Ciara was up there accepting an award for best female video then Kanye would have kept his sorry ass in his seat even if her video was nothing but a blank screen.

I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan but she has more talent and class in one of her small tits than Kanye has in his entire body and 30 homeboy posse's body combined.

Beyounce was the class act of the night and I do not think it was staged either. I don't see Taylor Swift getting on board nor Beyounce. At most someone may have said to Beyounce (you need to defuse this).
Kanye might be a prick but he has forgot more about music then Taylor knows.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #142
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

They're all just actors in a big reality TV show doing what they're told in the interest of making more money. They way people eat this shit up is a bit unnerving.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #143
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You don't really think that Dee Snider takes himself seriously, do you? Have you ever heard him interviewed? And Gene Simmons is a consummate businessman. All that he takes seriously is marketing.
Nope. I liked the song even though it wasn't my type of music. I have never heard him in an interview.

So he is joking.

Gene Simmons is a businessman.

Everyone in Rap/Hip Hop is a fake thug?

Master P got to where he is by selling his tapes from a car trunk. I was watching a show on him and he negotiated a record deal that paid him nothing up front but paid him more if he sold records. Is he not a businessman?

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #144
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

James
He's a rapper. That's Latin for "Person who makes money in the music industry without making music"

I also don't see how someone could compare the talent that Taylor Swift has vs Kanye West. Kanye West takes songs already made, remixes them and talks (he doesn't sing he talks). Taylor swift takes songs that don't exist, creates them, writes them, and performs them with an instrument. I'm not a huge Taylor swift fan and have enjoyed some Kanye West songs but he is no where near as talented musically (might be better producer/promoter) as Taylor Swift is.

I think race is an issue in this, but it's becuase she's a country singer and country singers are usually white along with country singers not being mainstream.

Seriously, what would happen if a white male artist went up and said "Congrats Beyounce, but Taylor Swift made the best video ever"? Think Jessie or Sharpton wouldn't be out in full force?

I would like to see him go up there and try that with some old country legends.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #145
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
He's a rapper. That's Latin for "Person who makes money in the music industry without making music"

I also don't see how someone could compare the talent that Taylor Swift has vs Kanye West. Kanye West takes songs already made, remixes them and talks (he doesn't sing he talks). Taylor swift takes songs that don't exist, creates them, writes them, and performs them with an instrument. I'm not a huge Taylor swift fan and have enjoyed some Kanye West songs but he is no where near as talented musically (might be better producer/promoter) as Taylor Swift is.

I think race is an issue in this, but it's becuase she's a country singer and country singers are usually white along with country singers not being mainstream.

Seriously, what would happen if a white male artist went up and said "Congrats Beyounce, but Taylor Swift made the best video ever"? Think Jessie or Sharpton wouldn't be out in full force?

I would like to see him go up there and try that with some old country legends.
Fuck Jessie and Sharpton. They will find anything to talk about. I really don't think Kayne did this because of race.

James
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #146
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Fuck Jessie and Sharpton. They will find anything to talk about. I really don't think Kayne did this because of race.

James
He may not have done it because of his on personal racial issues, but the racial controversy surrounding Kayne West makes him the ideal candidate for this kind of thing. The race factor makes this a bigger news story, generates more web clicks and more viewer traffic.

Race had everything to do with this from a perspective of who was picked to go on stage and grab the mic. It has nothing to do with Kayne West's personal beliefs...only views that he has expressed previously in the media.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #147
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Nope. I liked the song even though it wasn't my type of music. I have never heard him in an interview.

So he is joking.

Gene Simmons is a businessman.

Everyone in Rap/Hip Hop is a fake thug?

Master P got to where he is by selling his tapes from a car trunk. I was watching a show on him and he negotiated a record deal that paid him nothing up front but paid him more if he sold records. Is he not a businessman?

James
Not all of them are fake, but we're talking difference of scale here. Prancing around in platform shoes isn't in the same ballpark as pretending to be a street thug.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #148
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
One could say this about many pop singers too. Their producer creates the music for them.....There is no band...no instruments......it's all synthesized. All they do is sing. Now some of them did write their own lyrics, but most of them didn't.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #149
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
One could say this about many pop singers too. Their producer creates the music for them.....There is no band......All they do is sing. Now some of them did write their own lyrics, but most of them didn't.
I would be One.

Why does this have to be about race? Why can't someone JUST be an asshole?
20 seconds in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKkTXV86mI
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #150
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:

James
Considering he's about twice her age, that's not a miraculous feat.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote