Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Man, that just sucks. All that aggrivation just to have someone bump into your Cavalier again.

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Take the $ and run...

How to Repair Your Car Scratch: Saturday Mechanic
http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4216365.html
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Ok I had a thought. I think the insurance adjuster was telling me a line. I've never heard of this or done this. Have any of you?

When I asked her why she needed my insurance company's info, she said *Well, we usually deal with them?* I asked her why if they aren't involved in any way other than insuring my vehicle which was hit by *their* insured, and she said *That's just how we've always done it.*

Do people really just stand out and let their insurance company handle an accident claim if they are not the responsible party? That just makes no sense to me. I told her that's not how it would be done in this case, and she would be dealing with me directly. She didn't seem to have a problem with it, but I could tell she wasn't used to that idea.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I know sometimes in the event of an accident with police reports and possible injuries etc, your insurance company will go ahead and pay the bills to make sure your taken care of, and work with the other company to pay them back. If something goes wrong, then the insurance companies will also sometimes sue on behalf. Thats how it was explained to me when I ran into something similar, but with a police report and major damage. Even tho he hit my car, his insurance company got with mine, while mine paid my medical and got me in a rental. Then his paid mine back and took care of my car in the shop.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Ok I had a thought. I think the insurance adjuster was telling me a line. I've never heard of this or done this. Have any of you?

When I asked her why she needed my insurance company's info, she said *Well, we usually deal with them?* I asked her why if they aren't involved in any way other than insuring my vehicle which was hit by *their* insured, and she said *That's just how we've always done it.*

Do people really just stand out and let their insurance company handle an accident claim if they are not the responsible party? That just makes no sense to me. I told her that's not how it would be done in this case, and she would be dealing with me directly. She didn't seem to have a problem with it, but I could tell she wasn't used to that idea.
In Canada it doesn't matter who's at fault everyone deals through insurance companies. Even if someone hit me and they were at fault I'd call my insurance company who would then in turn call the guy's insurance company and figure it out.

They deal with all the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I know sometimes in the event of an accident with police reports and possible injuries etc, your insurance company will go ahead and pay the bills to make sure your taken care of, and work with the other company to pay them back. If something goes wrong, then the insurance companies will also sometimes sue on behalf. Thats how it was explained to me when I ran into something similar, but with a police report and major damage. Even tho he hit my car, his insurance company got with mine, while mine paid my medical and got me in a rental. Then his paid mine back and took care of my car in the shop.
Or I could've just read Chi's post and agreed with it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Thats why America Pwns Canada
Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Now I'm beginning to get angry.

1) Faxed estimate Monday afternoon and left msg for adjuster.
2) Called back to speak with adjuster Tuesday morning. She said she needed pictures as well to send to someone else in their office to review the claim. I did that and she had pictures in her email Tuesday afternoon. She said it would take a day or two to review and she would get back with me.
3) I called Thursday afternoon and left voicemail. No call back.
4) I called Friday afternoon and left voicemail. No call back.
5) I called yesterday afternoon and nobody answer the phones at all. Mind you this is Canada. I'm not aware that yesterday was a holiday of any kind for them.
6) I called this morning and left voicemail. No call back.
7) I called 10 minutes ago and left voicemail. No call back yet.

What the hell do I have to do to get a call back with these peoople? I guess it's a good damn thing my car is driveable!

I'll give her until 9am tomorrow morning. If I have not heard back from her, I am going to call her number. If I get voicemail again, I'll be hanging up and calling right back for her supervisor. This is stupid.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

this is z:
trust me, go to the closest pd and file a report tonight, i got screwed in the same type of deal when i didn't have a report and my ins co said it would have saved my deductible because then they could have gone after him.

in tx you can file up to 10 days after the incident.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
In Canada it doesn't matter who's at fault everyone deals through insurance companies. Even if someone hit me and they were at fault I'd call my insurance company who would then in turn call the guy's insurance company and figure it out.

They deal with all the hassle.

Or I could've just read Chi's post and agreed with it.
Kell is right. Here you let the insurance company deal with it. My truck was hit with my wife and my sister in it. The insurance company handled everything for me.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

worse comes to worse theres no lack of old C4s lying about for parts. i do wish you the best of luck with things though, btw are you aware of this?

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/85-96%20Corvette.htm

its almost enough to make a guy want to scoop one up unless of course that thing has an LT5 underhood?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote