Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N
Default Movie suggestion thread.

Just suggest a movie for us to watch that you thought was good.

Little Miss Sunshine - Wasnt sure about this one but it turned out good. The family is all kinds of screwy. Tye mom and daughter are tye only normal ones. The dad is the "believe in your self 100% and a failure," Steve Carrel is the depressed uncle, the son doesnt speak, and The gramps had me laughing good. Nothing like a coked up grandpa. LOL.

Sunshine cleaning - Its got Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. What else do you want? Its two sisters that get tired of their jobs and need to make a better wage so they get into body cleanup. Emily is the loser sister still with dad and Amy still trys to live her life as how she wanted it to after high school by having an affair with tye guy that didnt marry her. The gramps is the same gramps from little miss sunshine. Its another comedy that has a heart warming meaning at the end.

Extract - Good cast with Jason Batmen, Mila Kunis, Kristen Wiig, and Ben Affleck. Its kinda office space comedy since its from the same guy. If you like office space or anything like that, then you should enjoy this.

Reign Over Me - I thought it was great. The two main characters are Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. I know its adam sandler and a lot of people hate him. He did good with his character. He loses his family during 9/11 and copes with it in his own way which is avoiding people and forgeting them. Don ends up runing into him and adam has "forgotten" him. Don does his best to help Adam out the whole movie, but Adam fights everyone when his family is brought up. I dont know how I would be if I had lost my family. Im pretty sure I would completely break down too.

Looper - Its sci-fi so its thumbs up for me. It has killing, time travel, and a cool ending.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Are you asking for suggestions or giving them to us?

I'm lost.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Both I think...He is suggesting them but giving a brief review so you know what your in for.

Lawless - It's about Moonshine during the beginning of Prohibition. And Shia Lebeouf plays a great character...Three brothers try and play the outlaw lifestyle to fight the government from taking there money from the moonshine business. Violent and Alcohol Driven...What more do you need?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Warrior: It's got Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte. Like many films, it's not about the subject matter which is MMA. As my wife put it: "When I saw you click on it in Netflix, I thought great another fighting movie but, it was a great movie"! By the end, she was wiping-out the kleenex. It's got everything for both men and women. Good story, good action, great performances!

The Tall Man: Jessica Biehl. Honestly, that's enough for me but, it's an interesting story with a heck of a twist that will have you wondering throughout the movie what's really happening.

Going back a ways...

Forbidden Planet! Leslie Nielson before he was a comedic actor in one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time! It introduced us to Robbie the Robot!

Vision Quest: Mathew Modine and Linda Fiorentino. Standard 80's coming of age film focused around high-school wrestling. One of my favorites of all time! Good soundtrack and Madonna's first on screen performance.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Ogre (2008)

Not exactly an Emmy winner, but kinda cool & creative
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

On Netflix?

Twilight Samurai - Great Japanese movie about the (realistic) life of a low level samurai at the end of the Meiji Era.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil - Finally watched this movie last month. Id seen it around but assumed it would be stupid but it ended up being pretty funny.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Tucker and Dale was a hilarious twist on the usual college kids in the woods scenario!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
CasterTroy

Safe house: Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington. CIA movie about corrupt agents. Reynolds is a bored as hell safehouse operator in a shit detail in Capetown South Africa and Denzel is a rogue agent that's been captured and is about to be interrogated when all hell breaks loose.
Great movie. First 10 minutes are kind of slow, the rest is complete action. Bourne Identity-esque but Ryan isn't a super-roided human. Just a dude thinking well on his feet.

Domino: Keira Knightley plays a "based on a semi-true story" of a runway model turned bounty hunter. Real life story was boring and marginal. The real Domino died of an overdose during production so they rewrote the end to be more "hollywood"
A toned down more "real" Lara-croft meets Pink (singer) and kicks some ass. She does a pretty hot sex scene. You get to see the twats from 90218 (Ian zoorung and Megan Fox's husband) get beat up and pushed around which is a plus.

Last edited by CasterTroy; 01-28-2013 at 02:27 PM..
CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
goof2
AMA Supersport

A few for now:

Man on Fire: Denzel Washington being a badass and killing everyone. Good story.

Payback: Mel Gibson being a badass and killing everyone. Maria Bello is hot.

The Last Boy Scout: Bruce Willis being a badass and killing everyone. Football.

Rounders: Matt Damon, Edward Norton, lots of other famous people. Nobody really gets killed. Poker.

Thirteen Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis as seen from the perspective of one of JFK's closest aides, Kenny O'Donnell. Once you get past the shitty Boston accents its a pretty good movie.

Thats all for now.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Has anyone seen Surrogates with Bruce Willis? Wish amazon instant video would let me watch it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote