pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default The wage gap

just dropping this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 03-09-2013 at 12:45 AM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
goof2
AMA Supersport

I was thinking about posting this on Facebook. Then I thought about the stream of irrational hatred that would immediately follow. I suspect the worst of it would come from the teachers I know. Its like something about having 3 months off every year makes them particularly cranky. I stopped thinking about posting this on Facebook.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I was thinking about posting this on Facebook. Then I thought about the stream of irrational hatred that would immediately follow. I suspect the worst of it would come from the teachers I know. Its like something about having 3 months off every year makes them particularly cranky. I stopped thinking about posting this on Facebook.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #4
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Great video. I always thought the gender gap for wages was a myth. I have never gotten paid less than a man for the same position. I would think if its a salaried position, the only times a woman would get paid less than a man would be if her negotiating skills weren't as good.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
A chick I went to school with is a HARDCORE feminist... she's not completely unreasonable (her positions are at least well-researched), but this may send her into orbit. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Great video. I always thought the gender gap for wages was a myth. I have never gotten paid less than a man for the same position. I would think if its a salaried position, the only times a woman would get paid less than a man would be if her negotiating skills weren't as good.
Not that their negotiating skills are any worse, but that they tend not to negotiate as much... if at all. Almost every guy I've hired or promoted attempted to negotiate and the complete opposite was true for the women I've hired.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
saw something recently about more and more male nurses, and on avg. make $9-10k more then fems.

i agree w/ pyscho, i think women aren't as aggresive concerning pay.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
saw something recently about more and more male nurses, and on avg. make $9-10k more then fems.

i agree w/ pyscho, i think women aren't as aggresive concearnig pay.
http://fox13now.com/2013/03/05/gende...d-professions/
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Quote:
Census data suggests that the difference in earnings is partly due to more men working full-time than woman. When looking at full-time, year-round workers, the salary gap narrows, but full-time female nurses still make an average of 9 percent less than male nurses.
So based on the video, tenure and FT\PT status can help explain wage gaps noted above.

side note: Based on conversations I've had with nurses\hospital workers\adminstrative staff, hospitals around here are some of the most fucked up places to work.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post

side note: Based on conversations I've had with nurses\hospital workers\adminstrative staff, hospitals around here are some of the most fucked up places to work.
See TommyMac!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
So based on the video, tenure and FT\PT status can help explain wage gaps noted above.

in what way?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote