Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
You don't read many books do you .... that, or you're not honest about what you ACTUALLY think from time to time.

Reading his whole manifesto, (this may sound scary but shit I'll say it) I have to say I can see where he's coming from.

But having said that.......there's a HUGE difference in thinking something and SAYING it.....and then there's the HUGE leap from verbalizing terrible thoughts and actually going thru with them. So he's made two huge leaps from where most of us stand. But at some point....he's stood where a lot of us have in the past.
He wasn't even called a nigger, he just overheard it being used! And he gets physical about it? Talk about overly sensitive. I could see doing that outside work at a bar or something, but not during work.

And then he writes about thoughts of killing someone over that, in the same letter where he's trying to get sympathy? How stupid can you be?

We all know about the Blue Line and corruption and the good ol boy network, but I'm sorry, this guy sounds like someone who didn't know how to manage perceptions by other people. He probably came across as a whiner or outcast. I've been there.

And as for the complaints he submitted, that were ignored? One thing I've learned in life is that you can't expect others to stand up for you just because you're right. The sad truth is that you have to try to fit in, and kiss ass a little, or nobody is going to do shit for you. Being correct doesn't mean shit in this world.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-08-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The sad truth is that you have to try to fit in, and kiss ass a little, or nobody is going to do shit for you.
Just remember that when the bailiff has his knee in your chest and you're on the ground gasping for air because you wouldn't stand when the judge came in the courtroom
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #23
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

As many times as he's referenced Rodney King, methinks a bit of racial bias has slipped in. He apparently sees Whitey as the devil trying to shove the Bible down his throat. All this A hole is trying to do is start another race riot.Which there will be as soon as the LEOs put him down.
I'll bet Jesse Jackson is on a plane there right now.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #24
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
Ok, I just read that latest report. I can definitely see how the first incident happened. Scared cops protecting a potential target; it's dark, a dark pickup rolls up right in front with its' lights off. I can see it.
I can see it. I can understand it. I can't excuse it. This is not Fallujah*, this is Torrance, CA. You do not fire until you are clearly threatened. There are any number of steps the officers could have taken besides riddling the vehicle of innocent civilians with bullets (not to mention the innocent civilians themselves). They could have had the potential target take sufficient cover. They could have shined lights on the incoming truck. The list goes on.

I realize my criticism smacks of arm-chair quarter-backing, but I don't care. It's one thing to accidentally harm civilians while actively engaging a perpetrator. It's a completely different thing to gun down civilians while trying to engage a perpetrator who isn't even present. I have a very hard time believing that those women, had they been confronted as law enforcement officers are supposed to do, would have done anything but comply with the officers' instructions.

*Shit, we've sent our own troops in Iraq to jail for less than this.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 02-08-2013 at 10:01 AM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post

*Shit, we've sent our own troops in Iraq to jail for less than this.
If his manifesto is even 10% correct, we've got more criminals IN the LAPD than arrested BY the LAPD
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #26
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Just remember kids, these are the only people in society that should be allowed to have guns.

If one trained guy can do this to one of the biggest agencies in the nation, just imagine 10, 100, 10,000 all at once nation wide.
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #27
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

I can definitely see this being used against us.

"If trained police professionals can make terrible mistakes like this then, we can't allow regular citizens to have guns!"

That's how I'd spin it if I were on the opposition.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #28
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

It'd ring hollow, I think. Unless they put their money where their mouth is and take away longarms and semiauto pistols and give them S&W revolvers. Americans like to stick their heads in the sand and live in a bubble, but we're not stupid. If anything it'd strengthen the divide between politicians and their lackeys/enforcers and the rest of us.

Have CNN, Fox, or msnbc put any focus on the innocents getting shot up by the police, or are they glossing over it while making excuses for them?
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
He wasn't even called a nigger, he just overheard it being used! And he gets physical about it? Talk about overly sensitive. I could see doing that outside work at a bar or something, but not during work.

And then he writes about thoughts of killing someone over that, in the same letter where he's trying to get sympathy? How stupid can you be?

We all know about the Blue Line and corruption and the good ol boy network, but I'm sorry, this guy sounds like someone who didn't know how to manage perceptions by other people. He probably came across as a whiner or outcast. I've been there.

And as for the complaints he submitted, that were ignored? One thing I've learned in life is that you can't expect others to stand up for you just because you're right. The sad truth is that you have to try to fit in, and kiss ass a little, or nobody is going to do shit for you. Being correct doesn't mean shit in this world.
He said he wasnt a bully in school and only got into fights when he was being picked on by classmates in his otherwise all white school. If thats true then I can definitely see him having some hatred of whites and joining the police force as a chance to have power over the people who tried to put him down. I dont know a ton of cops but the ones Ive met and the wannabe's Ive met seem to have that same mentality of the kid who got picked on for being small and started lifting weights to get respect.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #30
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
It'd ring hollow, I think. Unless they put their money where their mouth is and take away longarms and semiauto pistols and give them S&W revolvers. Americans like to stick their heads in the sand and live in a bubble, but we're not stupid. If anything it'd strengthen the divide between politicians and their lackeys/enforcers and the rest of us.

Have CNN, Fox, or msnbc put any focus on the innocents getting shot up by the police, or are they glossing over it while making excuses for them?
Or you could say that if an army of armed and trained police officers cant defend themselves from one guy with a manifesto, whats a history teacher with a handgun going to do against a determined attacker.