Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Dang Thieves!!!

Yep, my car was broken into last night. At least it was the Bonneville and not the Mustang. They jacked up the door and broke the window to get in. They stole my new GPS, the car stereo, some money and that's about it. The deck was 5 years old and the GPS was a refurb I got for $200 so I'm not too upset except for the time and hassle involved with the ins. co. Oh well crap happens it just sucks because I usually had the GPS installed in the dash but it was freezing up so I moved it to on top of the dash... Like an idiot, I store the GPS in the console but left the mount on the dash. I really didn't think they would break in such an old car so I got complacent. BTW GPS units are not covered under your auto policy and your homeowners will cover it but your deductible is probably $500+...crap! The funny thing is that I'll probably get a check for more than the car is worth when all is said and done.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

The thing that sucks the most about car break-ins is that the damage they cause to the car is usually higher than the value of what they stole. When I park my car outside of my garage, I leave nothing in it. Anyone that breaks into my car will get a first aid kit, jumper cables, a collapsible shovel and a cheap kid's car seat. That's it.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Sucks. I hate thieves.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
The thing that sucks the most about car break-ins is that the damage they cause to the car is usually higher than the value of what they stole. When I park my car outside of my garage, I leave nothing in it. Anyone that breaks into my car will get a first aid kit, jumper cables, a collapsible shovel and a cheap kid's car seat. That's it.
Exactly right! Between the door, window and dash, I'm sure there's $1500+ in damage. They got about $30, a $200 GPS and a 5 year old deck that cost $300 new.... losers! On top of that, they didn't get the deck's wire harness or the GPS cord... Oh well, this is a work car and I can get the glass for $100 at the junk yard and replace it myself in about an hour. I'll order another GPS once I get the check, I'll use my old GPS/phone until then. Like I said, by the time I cobble the door back together, replace the window, buy a cheapo deck for $100 and another $200 GPS, I'll probably end up with $500+ in my pocket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Sucks. I hate thieves.
Me too...get a job losers!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

Thieves are up there just under murderers and kid touchers. I hate thieves and wish death upon them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Thieves are up there just under murderers and kid touchers. I hate thieves and wish death upon them.
Me too.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Should have had an ebay alarm installed.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Shoot them all !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

I got lucky when they broke into my grand cherokee, they yanked the lock cylinder out of the door with a large screwdriver. Bent the metal back to shape and hooked the cylinder back up with some jb weld to hold it together. Still gotta finish it up with some filler and paint
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
goof2
AMA Supersport

A buddy of mine left an old tape walkman on his passenger seat thinking it wasn't worth shit. Some clown still threw a rock through his window to take it. If it is worth $2 some people will still take it.

If you also use the GPS on your bike the Garmin Nuvi 500 is waterproof and has come down to your price range. If you don't care about waterproof they can be a lot less even with traffic, bluetooth, and more.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote