Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
We'll be looking forward to picks about May!!! j/k

I'm getting geared up to quit soda again! I'm knocking down about 5 or 6 cans daily and I'm finishing up the last couple packages of instant/pre cooked bacon I bought on sale (God I love that stuff!). I'm going to start doing some sit-ups and take the dog for longer walks. Not necessarily a New Years thing, more like I'm going to the beach, thing...
Haha! Well I've done some before pics and will definitely do some afters as well.

Good for you with the healthy stuff. Pop is a huge downfall for me but I limit myself to one can a day.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Haha! Well I've done some before pics and will definitely do some afters as well.

Good for you with the healthy stuff. Pop is a huge downfall for me but I limit myself to one can a day.
Have I told you lately that I love you? Well, I do!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I stop going to the gym for the month of January and work out at home because of the whole resolution thing. No thanks. I don't need to see some huge chick working out in khaki capris and a dress shirt

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I stop going to the gym for the month of January and work out at home because of the whole resolution thing. No thanks. I don't need to see some huge chick working out in khaki capris and a dress shirt
Not to mention the broads who think wearing quilted down jackets and thick sweats is really going to help burn more calories on the treadmill.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Interesting way to avoid all the noobs who will be around for a month. I am lucking out in that I usualy go in the morning or early afternoon so aside from the annoying jappy housewives its not bad. Unless the battery to my mp3 player dies and I am forced to listen to the bad music they play and their annoying conversations
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

You resolutioners stay the fuck out of my gym. You crowd it up the entire winter and as soon as the weather turns nice you split. I hate the gym Jan through March. I actually have to wait to use the equipment from time to time. Go use somebody else's gym you fat fucks. /rant
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Fortunately I go to the GYM after 8:30 when most tend to complain "Its too late to go to the gym" or I don't want to miss my sitcoms!!" so I don't see to many noobs.
Most of the year the gym is empty anyway since its not "fancy".

Even when the few noobs do show up it doesn't bother me. Its so dead when I go I never ever ever EVER have to wait to use equipment.

There are two things that bug me.
The groups of kids (16-24) who crowd around one machine in their wife beaters trying to impress each other as they yap on and on about "bitches".

The other are those who reek of cigarettes or stop mid workout to go out side in front of the gym for a smoke.

One thing that doesn't bother me that much but I'll mention it: Working out in Jeans and your damn lugz boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

50-60 year old Asian men with golf shirts, khakis, and all-white "walking shoes"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
AquaPython
put it THIS way

that doesnt bother me much.

i hate the characters in the locker and gym though.

the whistler :
old man usually in his late 50's. feels the unstoppable compulsion to whistle along with EVERY song on the fixed horrible satelite gym chanel. loudly. i want the edge of my hand to meet his adam's apple with haste.

the man in the mirror:
even older man. always in the bathroom, locker area. never EVER seen outside in the actual gym. he may live there. always naked. If not, then he is wrapped with a towel and will be naked soon. will hold full conversations with other men while stark naked. will blow dry his hair in front of the mirror, naked. why the FUCK do you have to be naked to blow dry your hair?

the beast that stares:
unequal parts man and woman. you are never sure what it actually is. the strength of ten men. vascular thighs. and a b cup ? oh yes. it is omnipresent in the gym floor. you come after work, it's there. you come on a sunday morning, it's there. does it work? how does it pay for it's membership? it knows everyone. oh yea, and it stares at you hungrily.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #20
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Bueller?

I know the first few weeks of the year are always the biggest traffic time, and lots of commitments are made, goals set, yadda yadda yadda...

But please for the love of god spend the $5 for a lock if you have lock-able lockers. Nothing makes me want to rob you and set your shit on fire more than having to go through about 4 or 5 receptacles to find an empty, crap free place to store my shit while I hit the weights. I don't care if you want to stare at me for actually working out, or for the sweat I am generating... Just please lock your shit up so I don't waste my time in the stinky changing room trying to get my lift on.

Thank you!
LOL I was just thinking about this yesterday as I looked through 6 different lockers till I finally came to an empty one. Wtf.

This year is particularly bad. The jeaners (ppl working out in jeans) are all over the place.

I don't mind the fatties (or skinny fatties) coming in, since kudos to you for getting off the couch, but please please get some instructions on how to lift before you kill yourself or throw something out of joint.

All the kids in their wifebeaters (usually skinny ass kids) don't bother me too much, since they just hang out at the flat bench for 30 minutes (and do 2 sets maybe each) and we have several others at this gym.

Go ahead and stare wondering wtf I'm doing as I superset with heavy weights. Go ahead and stare as I'm doing a 4-6-10 dropset. You might learn something.. I hope.

1 more month.. Then everything will get back to normal. I'm tired of going to the gym at 2:30 in the afternoon to avoid the rush of retards.

/rant off

Last edited by Method; 01-12-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Method is offline   Reply With Quote