Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 09-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
cover... look at the shot of the rear rim... you can see that it's not CF on the back.

but I'm not a fan of so much CF... never did like the look of CF in MASS quantities... used sparingly it's Sexy as hell... but ehh... my opinion
Yep, you're right. I can see it behind the rearsets too after looking again.

I'm all for as much CF as possible when it is used for a purpose. If you aren't a fan of the look, it can always be painted. Adding a cover or a hugger because they look cool are not my cup of tea.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yep, you're right. I can see it behind the rearsets too after looking again.

I'm all for as much CF as possible when it is used for a purpose. If you aren't a fan of the look, it can always be painted. Adding a cover or a hugger because they look cool are not my cup of tea.
yeah that's my thing... the weight savings is nice... I'd def. paint CF fairings... but the cover on the swing arm... is over board for me...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
yeah that's my thing... the weight savings is nice... I'd def. paint CF fairings... but the cover on the swing arm... is over board for me...
Me too. I'm not a big fan of attempts to make something out to be what it isn't.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
revercorsa
Squid

Default Just a Carbon Cover!

Yes, it's just a carbon cover on the swingarm. Did not mean to decieve, I know I mentioned a carbon swingarm, but it is not finished yet. The cover is there just to protect the swingarm if there was chain breakage. We are trying to finish the supercharger in time for the Texas One Miler! 200 mph is the goal and we might need more chain than we have on for those runs. We will find out.

We use the Carbon all over for dropping weight and adding strength. We then have teamed up with great artists to provide a stock or custom style paint jobs for these bikes. Although I love to use bare materials for my own asthetic choice.

The full carbon swingarm should be done in two or three months. We are testing some right now with great success. We tried as much as possible to dial the carbon in by adding flex or stiffness to all the same areas as the stock unit. It has ended up more durable and much lighter. The frame is next and we are very excited to see the first ones.

The Triumph 675 is a favorite of mine and we intend to develop parts for it and the new Aprilia RSV4 and BMW S 1000 RR.

We partnered with BST on all of our Carbon Products and are starting to build a Moto2 bike also. Very Exciting!

Have fun, ride hard, live big!
revercorsa is offline   Reply With Quote