Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #21
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea, I understand that, just not what you all think will happen to him?

BTW as I understand it, he's in MS so who cares what Califoria law is?
That is where it can get tricky, I wouldnt want the Cal DOJ after me for out of state gun transfer, they are nasty
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
Unless there are muzzle loaders in his collection, as a seller you can only ship to an FFL. Some FFLs won't accept shipment from individuals.

I'd make an account on calguns.com and get some help from people that know California laws and take back what's legal there and keep or sell them at your leisure and pawn whatever nots CA legal. The pistols are probably ok; it's the magazines that hold over 10 rounds that are illegal from what I understand.

http://midwestguntrader.com/ should get you started.
I'd do this
Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Smith & Wesson? I had one of those and they are great for shooting around the broad side of a barn. And the other ones I ahve shot sucked too. 2 guns I'll never own again are Glocks and S&W. I'll take my chances with a gas station cap gun.
LOL, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Glocks, and I'll take me a S&W 686 or 629 or Model 29(Dirty Harry)
Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Smith & Wesson? I had one of those and they are great for shooting around the broad side of a barn. And the other ones I ahve shot sucked too. 2 guns I'll never own again are Glocks and S&W. I'll take my chances with a gas station cap gun.
i should clarify, if its a smith revolver built in the years before the french bought them out id be interested. best triggers anywhere. the glock clone sigmas arent worth a cup of dog slobber. classic series is hit or miss depending on caliber (the .45s with the longer barrel always worked well)
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #25
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
LOL, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Glocks, and I'll take me a S&W 686 or 629 or Model 29(Dirty Harry)
hate em! lol.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Strange, I was just advised to have him ship me the separate parts of the gun in 2 or 3 packages...

Oh and if you want to sell me a gun to be technically legal, all you need is a copy of my purchase permit. No problem. If we actually, got to the point of a sale, I'd call UPS and check their policies in that state. Here you just have to advise the pick up agent that the package contains a firearm, do not mark the package though.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...ticle_52A.html
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
That is where it can get tricky, I wouldnt want the Cal DOJ after me for out of state gun transfer, they are nasty
Okay, I wouldn't advise anything else but I still don't see how it'll get back to him?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #28
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
what kind of 357s and 9mms he got as far as concealed size?
Yea i need a concealable one Post up what ya got im in the market for a good buy.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #29
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay, I wouldn't advise anything else but I still don't see how it'll get back to him?
Here's a scenario. Let's say Homeslice sells a gun to John for cash, but maybe MO laws require interpersonal sales to go through the local PD (I don't know, just throwing out a possibility). John kills someone with the gun. He may not tell anyone where he got the gun but they find that it's registered owner was Homeslice's relative. They do some investigating and discover his death and contact the executor of his will or whoever handled his estate. They tell them Homeslice was there after his death to go through his belongings, etc. Maybe the family of the victim decides to go after Homeslice for punitive damages, etc. Maybe the state decides to go after him for breaking the law, etc.

The point is, you just never know...especially these days with our lawsuit-happy society. I would rather err on the side of caution when it comes to something like this. Just my $.02
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Yea i need a concealable one Post up what ya got im in the market for a good buy.
I thought we lost him until I saw his name on the thread viewing list....