Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #51
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Yup, owners care about one thing. The seats can be full of cheering fans, or full of vick protestors, the owners dont care, as long as they are full.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #52
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Yup, owners care about one thing. The seats can be full of cheering fans, or full of vick protestors, the owners dont care, as long as they are full.
Now we're getting to the heart of the issue.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #53
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Word....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #54
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Actually you can make good pets out of failed fighters, but its irrelevant because Vick and Co. were not saving dogs from a troubled life and eventual euthanasia anyway. Dog fighting aside, a sick mind is required to torture any animal to death, but it takes a special kind of cocksucker to do it to a companion animal.

I would have liked to have seen Vick get a stiffer sentence, but I'm not offended by his return to the NFL. There are sociopaths in every type of job and the NFL is no different.
________
Chrysler canada

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #55
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I can't see him doing much. dudes been out of the NFL for too long during what should have been his prime years. yeah he can stay in shape... but it's the speed of the defenders and the hits that you can't practice.

I don't care really what he did in his past... he was found guilty and did his time. that being said... would I want him on my team? NO. two reasons... one...like I said... I don't think he's gonna amount to much now... maybe as a backup or a trick play threat... but I don't think he'll be back up to starting QB quality. and two, because he could (I said COULD not will) be a distraction to the other players. He's gonna bring tons of attention and much of it negitive. any players that start hanging around him will start having false rumors... ect... just brings the orginization down.

it's unfortunate that someone can't serve their time and have people drop it... but some people want the electric chair for using curse words.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #56
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
He was overrated because over his career he never developed in to an effective passer (he got worse), the media kept the reputation from his youth alive, and he would make the highlight reel with at least one play a week.
I think he wasn't an effective passer becuase he never had a chance to pass. I went to a Falcons game once and he always had that look of "Okay who's open, damnit who's open, fuck it I guess I'll run it myself" because our offense people sucked. Or that's what I percieved, but then again that was the only football game I have ever watched in person.

As for wether he should play or not. Well he's free so it's up to him and the NFL or who ever will hire him. But if he wasn't an athlete (a good one) then he wouldn't get his job back working a line truck for the phone company.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #57
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I can't see him doing much. dudes been out of the NFL for too long during what should have been his prime years. yeah he can stay in shape... but it's the speed of the defenders and the hits that you can't practice.

I don't care really what he did in his past... he was found guilty and did his time. that being said... would I want him on my team? NO. two reasons... one...like I said... I don't think he's gonna amount to much now... maybe as a backup or a trick play threat... but I don't think he'll be back up to starting QB quality. and two, because he could (I said COULD not will) be a distraction to the other players. He's gonna bring tons of attention and much of it negitive. any players that start hanging around him will start having false rumors... ect... just brings the orginization down.

it's unfortunate that someone can't serve their time and have people drop it... but some people want the electric chair for using curse words.
there are tons of players in the NFL that are distractions to their teams.
TO
Pacman Jones
chad johnson
etc
Old 08-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #58
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
there are tons of players in the NFL that are distractions to their teams.
TO
Pacman Jones
chad johnson
etc
true... and I wouldn't want any of them either.

where are the Jerry Rices... or Emit Smiths... Berry Sanders... the Joe Montana's

seems like letting your play do the talking and be an upstanding roll model for today's youth is a forgotten art.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #59
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
true... and I wouldn't want any of them either.

where are the Jerry Rices... or Emit Smiths... Berry Sanders... the Joe Montana's

seems like letting your play do the talking and be an upstanding roll model for today's youth is a forgotten art.
They are out there but when they let their play do the talking the media gets bored. Doing good shit is nice for when the local media needs to fill 30 seconds of their 11pm broadcast. Beyond that the media feels it is a non story.

Here in Tampa we had Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn doing great things for the community, but the main story for a few years was how big a douchebag Keyshawn Johnson was. Now that Meshawn is in the media history has been rewritten by ESPN so now he is treated as a team player.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #60
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
They are out there but when they let their play do the talking the media gets bored. Doing good shit is nice for when the local media needs to fill 30 seconds of their 11pm broadcast. Beyond that the media feels it is a non story.

Here in Tampa we had Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn doing great things for the community, but the main story for a few years was how big a douchebag Keyshawn Johnson was. Now that Meshawn is in the media history has been rewritten by ESPN so now he is treated as a team player.
it's funny you say that cause I was thinking the other day... WTF happened to Warrick Dunn? no mind you I don't watch pro football but there was a time where I'd hear about him a lot (first couple years out of FSU)

Yeah I know what you mean... I'm beginning to hate ESPN and what they're doing to sports. they're doing to it what MTV did to Music. bringing in the wrong crowd, the wrong attention, focusing on everything BUT The music... or in this case, the Sport itself.