Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #21
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

just found an interesting link
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...lmet-noise.htm

about halfway down they have mp3's of the different helmets. I listened to the AGV then the Suomy, both seemed like alot, then the Icon Mainframe...it seemed whisper quiet in comparison
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
just found an interesting link
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...lmet-noise.htm

about halfway down they have mp3's of the different helmets. I listened to the AGV then the Suomy, both seemed like alot, then the Icon Mainframe...it seemed whisper quiet in comparison
my gf's helmet was the Icon Mainframe and she seemed happy with it. At least as happy as a bitch like that can be!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #23
fatburg
Grill Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
my gf's helmet was the Icon Mainframe and she seemed happy with it. At least as happy as a bitch like that can be!
Hey, if they aren't bitching I'm assuming they are happy
Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hey, if they aren't bitching I'm assuming they are happy
Truth! FYI in the past,I've heard that Icon has had some quality issues, things falling off etc. I think that they've addressed then now and I haven't had any probs with this helmet but admittantly,it hasn't been used much. Just FYI. Oh and to ad to the mix,I bought one of those Sparx helmets before I left Mi. My buddy at the dealership sold it to me with a 2nd shield for $80 so I figured why not? It's actually not bad,it's comfortable for me anyway, light and resonably quiet,although I'm afraid that peace will come with a cost this Summer when it's hotter. I'll always be an Arai fan but these new "cheapo" helmet companys (Scorpion,Sparx,AFX,etc) have definitely come a long way imho!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

In the past year ICON gear has really stepped up their quality and protection levels. I did some work with Parts Unlimited last spring and learned quite a bit about them, past and present. While they still put alot of emphasis on looks, they are def moving fast as far as catching up quality wise.

On that note, my ICON Mainframe Legion helmet held up remarkably well when I went down. The witness to my head hitting the pavement swore my helmet should have been cracked right down the middle, but other than a slight concussion from the sheer force of impact, I had no injuries and the helmet was rashed to hell and back but no cracks at all. I would def rec. an ICON in the future.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
In the past year ICON gear has really stepped up their quality and protection levels. I did some work with Parts Unlimited last spring and learned quite a bit about them, past and present. While they still put alot of emphasis on looks, they are def moving fast as far as catching up quality wise.

On that note, my ICON Mainframe Legion helmet held up remarkably well when I went down. The witness to my head hitting the pavement swore my helmet should have been cracked right down the middle, but other than a slight concussion from the sheer force of impact, I had no injuries and the helmet was rashed to hell and back but no cracks at all. I would def rec. an ICON in the future.
Well there ya go!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #27
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Had an avg 3 years ago!! It was nice until it got ran over by a truck!!
~But I still say ICON FTW!!!
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #28
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
Had an avg 3 years ago!! It was nice until it got ran over by a truck!!
~But I still say ICON FTW!!!
Doesn't surprise me......
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #29
fatburg
Grill Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post

So Icon vs Scorpion you vote Icon, huh?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #30
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
So Icon vs Scorpion you vote Icon, huh?
hmmm, well, I cant say I have a preference for one over the other honestly...

I KNOW for a fact ICON held up well when I wrecked...i LOVED the design on it, because while it was a lil busy, it was perfect for my style...

I have no experience on how the Scorpion will hold up in a wreck (and hopefully never will ), but for my everyday needs so far it has been fantastic.

I would go either way...
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote