Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default Cortech Mod Denim Pants

They finally got here!

Very nice pants. Not as heavy denim as my Draggin' Jeans, but same coverage area. They look and feel like my favorite pair of faded Levis, except about twice as heavy denim. Wearing them I hardly notice the leather in the knees and seat. Amazingly, the Mods are cut long enough so they don't pull up over the top of my normal leather boots when riding. Something I can't say for my Icon Barrier and definitely not the Draggin'. I could wear these pants everywhere and not feel or look out of place. They're comfortable enough without the armor that I would wear them everywhere. With the armor in, no one can see it. No verdict on riding with knee armor yet, I only sat on the bike for a minute with them on. Raining outside again.

Best part of the Mod Denim pants? Pockets I can get my hands into!! Not just one hand squeezed as flat as possible! The Draggin' are simply too tight, the Barrier have ridiculously small holes at the top of cavernous pockets, the Mods have normal pockets almost like Levis

Turns out I was being a dunce when I first put the knee armor in. I didn't think about it, and put them on the inside of the pants. Now that I have the pants inside out, I can see the actual pockets they go in. I was disappointed at first because the armor wouldn't stay put, and kept catching on my kneecap whenever I moved. Putting it in the pocket should fix that. There's a nice long strip of velcro inside the pocket, leaving me with no doubt that the armor will stay in place in the jeans. Whether it stays in place on my leg is another story. It may turn out that the only good place for knee armor is strapped to my leg or in tight leather pants. I tried on the A* version, and didn't like them at all. Good fit, nice feel, but thin and no leather or kevlar and bad armor placement. So far, I'm loving my new Cortech riding jeans!

I also picked up a fieldsheer visor carrier and a dark smoke shield for my RF-1000.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Congrats. Sound awsome, where'd ya get em from? Might have to grab a pair.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
dscort
Street Stunter

Moto: 01 CBR929RE 95 CBR900RR

how much did those bad boys set ya back?
i like how plain and simple they look.
dscort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I told you so They rock, don't they??!?!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

I got them from Motorcycle Superstore. Cost me about $128 with the other stuff I got and a $5 coupon from my last order and free shipping. The jeans themselves were $89.99. Newenough has them for the same price. Either place will give you free shipping for orders over $75 I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I told you so They rock, don't they??!?!
Yup

Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
Congrats. Sound awsome, where'd ya get em from? Might have to grab a pair.
he said Cortech not Icon..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
he said Cortech not Icon..
I got a set of Icon pants n will probly get another, but icons not the only thing I wear and I hear the cortech have a good rep.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
I got a set of Icon pants n will probly get another, but icons not the only thing I wear and I hear the cortech have a good rep.
I love my Cortechs! Doesn't stop me from looking at the Icon Anthem. The Barriers were great when I got them, but I'm always looking for something that will protect my ass better!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

How true are the Cortech jeans to size? Did you get the size you normally wear in jeans or did you have to go up or down?

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
How true are the Cortech jeans to size? Did you get the size you normally wear in jeans or did you have to go up or down?
I normally wear a 34-34. Ordered the same size and they're perfect. They fit just like a pair of Levi's relaxed fit or carpenter pants. Usually riding jeans run short on me, but the Mods are good