Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

You know I drove over there in Germany for three years. I saw how well most of them drove most of the time. I would agree that a faster speed limit may be allowed but you have to take into consideration one thing about the drivers there (where on the Autobahn there is only a "suggested" speed limit the Blue signs with white numbers white signs with the red circle and speed limit is actually a limit in that area). The drivers have to take a nearly one year long drivers ed class. and it costs buku dinero, not cheap in the slightest. Hell, their laws over there are so strict on driving that if you leave the sheet of snow on the roof or the trunk lid of your vehicle, you would get the equivalent of a $2000 fine. NO SHIT.
What with American driving education getting to the point where its not even done in the school anymore and in the 2 week long private classes that are only out to make a buck to pay for their piece of shit car. Perhaps we need to take serious considerations about raising the limit. Granted there is a percentage of us out there that have the experience and the forethought that would mitigate any dangers from increased speeds, but what about the rest of the majority?

I personally wish you could get a plate that said, "I can't drive 55." That would be permission to drive at faster speed. But that is unconstitutional and the fools that weren't allowed to drive at the elevated limit would just find a way to forge them. "Make a rule and some asshole will find a way to break it." Not sure if thats already a quote but if not, I take claim.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote