Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 08-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Seems like he is now villified in green bay, but I bet they will forget when he finally does retire and goes into the HOF as a packer.

BTW our fantasy draft is next week

Tom
Fo sho...my draft is still a week and a half or something. And I know damn well I'm not taking this fucking guy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Seems like he is now villified in green bay, but I bet they will forget when he finally does retire and goes into the HOF as a packer.

Tom
Kind of early, wait another week. You might have a player get hurt in the last preseason game.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Kind of early, wait another week. You might have a player get hurt in the last preseason game.
We still do our drafts in person and that was the only time we could get everyone together. We usualy like ot have it the week before the season starts but what can ya do.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
We still do our drafts in person and that was the only time we could get everyone together. We usualy like ot have it the week before the season starts but what can ya do.

Tom
I understand that.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

Tom
dam I'm busted. now you know I am not a true football fan. LOL

funny part is Green Bay is petty enough if the Vikings beat them this year they may not put him in the HOF.

Kind of like not letting Chris Jackie go to the white house with them after the Superbowl.

I'll Say this for the record. Knowing wis fans. If GB beats Minn they will all have their GB flags on their cars, you'll think they won the Superbowl early. If Minn wins they will be sporting Viking jerseys and saying they've always supported Brett and that he was totally mistreated in GB.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
dam I'm busted. now you know I am not a true football fan. LOL

funny part is Green Bay is petty enough if the Vikings beat them this year they may not put him in the HOF.

Kind of like not letting Chris Jackie go to the white house with them after the Superbowl.

I'll Say this for the record. Knowing wis fans. If GB beats Minn they will all have their GB flags on their cars, you'll think they won the Superbowl early. If Minn wins they will be sporting Viking jerseys and saying they've always supported Brett and that he was totally mistreated in GB.

Probably,its the how quickly they forget thing in all sports. I do think him stinging this stuff out was kinda BS though even when he did it in GB. Shoulda just done a farewell season/tour and be done but now hes like kiss and will tour for another 20 years

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Probably,its the how quickly they forget thing in all sports. I do think him stinging this stuff out was kinda BS though even when he did it in GB. Shoulda just done a farewell season/tour and be done but now hes like kiss and will tour for another 20 years

Tom
Exactly. I posted something similar to this about a year ago on the other forum. If you aren't sure you want to hang it up, then say so.
I haven't researched it yet, but I heard today that his contract is guaranteed, since he actually filed the proper retirement paperwork a few months ago. Since he was officially retired for X amount of days, Minnesota had to guarantee his contract when he signed.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #28
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

He's working the system I feel...Retire...Then change his mind...Not have to go to training camp like every other QB in the leaugue and then come back last minute and make a good chunk...

Listen, I like the guy...

But make up your fucking mind already
Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I'm sayin its not a big deal.
Crying over something may not be that big of a deal but holding a press conference and crying about leaving football and then coming back and then crying again and then coming back...and in between all of this saying you're coming back...no you're not...yes you are...stfu already.

I'm just tired of his back and forth crap and will be glad when he stays retired.

Like I said...I've always liked him until this BS started...now not so much.

I don't play fantasy football so it has nothing to do with that.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Crying over something may not be that big of a deal but holding a press conference and crying about leaving football and then coming back and then crying again and then coming back...and in between all of this saying you're coming back...no you're not...yes you are...stfu already.

I'm just tired of his back and forth crap and will be glad when he stays retired.

Like I said...I've always liked him until this BS started...now not so much.

I don't play fantasy football so it has nothing to do with that.
I'm with ya on all but the Fantasy football part. Which, I do play. But rather poorly.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote