Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
track was a shitty 2.1 mile , 13 turn, doozy. 3/4 of the turns were bumpy and in need of a touch up, and it was fast, lap record in a car there is like 1:01.

Edit: oh it was up at nelson ledges drewpy, shoddy track but well worth it for 60$.
I knew when I read this it was Nelson's. I haven't been there in like 3-5 years and it was doozy back then. Can only imagine what it is like now.

Track isn't very technical, just fast as hell even when it is bumpy. Going to try to make it up there this year. Hubby has a beef with turn 4 that he has to get out of his system. Hopefully it doesn't mean another broken collar bone.

Who did you go with?
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I knew when I read this it was Nelson's. I haven't been there in like 3-5 years and it was doozy back then. Can only imagine what it is like now.

Track isn't very technical, just fast as hell even when it is bumpy. Going to try to make it up there this year. Hubby has a beef with turn 4 that he has to get out of his system. Hopefully it doesn't mean another broken collar bone.

Who did you go with?
lol, EVERYBODY has beef w/ turn 4. that thing is insane to try to hit the actual race line, feels like you're riding over wet lasagna noodles. its one of the only lefties there though so its a nice break to get your other ass cheek off the seat now and again.

P much the only turns that are a little rough are 4 and 13 though, and 13 is the only 2nd gear turn on the whole track.

Went with a guy who instructs for fasttrax, marty something, i forget his last name.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm playing with Doug Polen this weekend, so I totally get it.
He's coming to one of our trackdays this week, hopefully I can get a couple laps of his downtime if he has any pity for us instructors...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
lol, EVERYBODY has beef w/ turn 4. that thing is insane to try to hit the actual race line, feels like you're riding over wet lasagna noodles. its one of the only lefties there though so its a nice break to get your other ass cheek off the seat now and again.

P much the only turns that are a little rough are 4 and 13 though, and 13 is the only 2nd gear turn on the whole track.

Went with a guy who instructs for fasttrax, marty something, i forget his last name.
13 wasn't too bad as long as you stayed very tight to the inside. Any little deviation from that and you might be screwed, from what I recall... again this was from like 5 years ago.

Marty Sires?
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
13 wasn't too bad as long as you stayed very tight to the inside. Any little deviation from that and you might be screwed, from what I recall... again this was from like 5 years ago.

Marty Sires?
taking the inside on 13 you only have about 2 feet of smooth road to work with, you can actually go a bit faster if you head wide and take a late apex. but its still a fugged up corner.

yep thats the one. we rode back up today to watch the sprints and the start of the endurance, he's a great guy... he knows everybody and their brother.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote