Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W
Default Looking for a sports car bargain: $5K rebate on '08 Miatas!

Friday night while surfing Miata.net, I learned that Mazda just unveiled $5000 rebates on remaining '08 Miatas. I've been tire-kicking '06's waiting for the right deal (and also for my '99 to sell). Well, they were already selling for around invoice +/-, and adding the rebate made it too tempting to resist.

I immediately went to Mazda's website, and sent requests for quotes for every suitable model within 250 miles. I ended up w/ a GT in True Red/Black, w/ Suspension and Premium #2 Packages. Listed for around $27,300, got it for $19,995 - complete w/ all kinds of goodies like heated leather seats, keyless ignition (just like the M3 and Vette), a Bose stereo that actually sounds decent, etc.

My '99 10AE Miata got trashed in Austin's possibly worst hailstorm ever last Wed., and hopefully the damage will be high enough to get them to total it. I plan to keep the new one relatively stock as long as I have the 10AE, then use some of the proceeds from it to start some light mods (rollbar, coilovers, etc.)

Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote