WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Diablo Rosso

HATED the Pilot Roads, and the BT020s were horrible for cupping the front
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #32
Sanchez
Too sweet to be sour

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2006 GSX-R 750

Continental Road Attacks on my street bike and Dunlop 209's on my track bike. When the Conti's wear out, I'm going to try some of those new fangled Pilot Road 2's.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #33
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Diablo Rosso

HATED the Pilot Roads, and the BT020s were horrible for cupping the front
The BT-021 is a completely different tire from the 020. I ran a set of 014's as a control reference prior to putting on the 021's. I like the the 021 better than the 014. Equal or better grip, better front stability on the side and a bit better mileage. The rear is holding its profile well, but the front is starting to show some wear on the outer tread from side load. I probably wouldn't run them as a track tire, but they are working really well on the street.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I love them. Only other tires I've had are some dunlops that fit on the buell, and some shinkos that were on my R1 when I got it. These things have amazing turn in. I'm not a great rider by any means, so my thoughts on them don't really matter honestly. From what "hard" riding I have done, they are great.

How did you like that 200 you had on your bike?
You know,I never finished that evaluation did I? Well,briefly,it caused me some set-up headaches for a minute but I "felt" a lot more stable in the turns with the 200 and it "felt" like I was experiencing less tire slip (I don't hit it hard enough to spin on corner exit anymore) when powering out of a corner. I actually,really liked the tire but I went back to 190 because of price and availability. Plus I got two sets of Diablos for $150 a set.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #35
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Red used to be hard in Pirelli....
Yeah I think you're right. No one runs the hards anyways though
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Moto: 09 KTM 450 XC-F

The bikes are street only for now so I'm running Pirelli Corsa III's on the Superduke R and I love them. Mileage is crap, but the traction and feedback is fantastic.

The Thunderbird is sporting some Metzeler M1's. I'll be switching to something a bit longer wearing on that one soon....no need for a really sticky tire on that one.

The wife's Bonneville is still running the stock Metzeler Lazertec front and MEZ2 rear and they seem to be a good choice for that bike.

She's running the Continental Road Attacks on her Ducati. I was pleasantly surprised by this tire's performance. We just need to see how long they'll last.
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #37
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You know,I never finished that evaluation did I? Well,briefly,it caused me some set-up headaches for a minute but I "felt" a lot more stable in the turns with the 200 and it "felt" like I was experiencing less tire slip (I don't hit it hard enough to spin on corner exit anymore) when powering out of a corner. I actually,really liked the tire but I went back to 190 because of price and availability. Plus I got two sets of Diablos for $150 a set.

i've got a 200 on the rear of mine right now, only because i had it laying around and could use it for a couple weeks till winter until i ordered a new set, it feels pretty stable, but turns in slow as shit, i will be sticking with a 190
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #38
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Continental Road Attacks on my street bike and Dunlop 209's on my track bike. When the Conti's wear out, I'm going to try some of those new fangled Pilot Road 2's.
I just put a set of Pilot Road 2's on my R1 last week. I've only been able to get about 55 miles on them since I got them, but so far they seem great.

The night I got them put on, I ended up riding home in the rain for about 20 miles. The bike felt stable and never gave me any issues at all on the wet roads.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #39
MILK
The cows want you dead.

BT020's

Got 16,000 out of my first set and 14,500 out of the second.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
i've got a 200 on the rear of mine right now, only because i had it laying around and could use it for a couple weeks till winter until i ordered a new set, it feels pretty stable, but turns in slow as shit, i will be sticking with a 190
Yea that's part of my set-up problems...once I dropped the front a couple mm's and a few other things,I was very happy with the bike in general. Also,I think it also depends on what tires you are running. The Pirelli's tend to be a "quick turn in" tire,so slowing turn in down a bit isn't necessarily a bad idea. Plus,I'm OLD and tend to stick to sweepers and flowing country roads rather than roads like the Dragon these days,so it suited me fine. If you are running a Pirelli or Michelin and are more interested in 100+mph sweepers rather than tight 25 mph twisties,it's a good set-up. IMHO,of course...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote