Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 03-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default First Mods

All practical stuff- lower bars, grip heaters, grips and a map pocket.

Napping...

New Bars

Problem Line

Relays

Switch Mount, Map Pocket and Grips

Switched line from horn
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
dscort
Street Stunter

Moto: 01 CBR929RE 95 CBR900RR

when it stops icing everything let me know how ya like the grip heaters.... im thinkin about adding them to the 929
dscort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

very nice clean job phenix.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Tell me about them bars... Then tell me the measurements of your old bars... then maybe I'd be interested in your old bars... or getting a set like yours...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
JK
noodles... dont noodles..

what brand grip heaters?

ps- what did you take the pictures with?
JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Tell me about them bars... Then tell me the measurements of your old bars... then maybe I'd be interested in your old bars... or getting a set like yours...
The new bars are Suburban Machinery.
I can see about measurements when I get home, but I plan to keep my old bars in case I ever decide I don't like the low ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavicca View Post
what brand grip heaters?

ps- what did you take the pictures with?
Got them at motorcycle-superstore.com but there are nicer ones around. Google "dual star grip heater."

I used my Nikon N60 and just got the film developed at walmart. Had them put it on a CD too- not worth the money. I could have done better scanning the pics at home. The hardcopies also have a big fat line across them. I would be seriously pissed if I wasn't just screwing around. Need to find a real photo shop.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 03-05-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
I'm in, I'm in,I'm in,I'm in,I'm in, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, I'm doin' it, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!, yeah!
Took the bike out for a spin!!! Little nippy, but with the latest rain the roads were clear enough. Grip heaters work great! Except for the fingers covering brake and clutch... Love the new bars. Turns in without thinking about it, I can tuck easier, and I don't feel silly with my elbows bent a ridiculous amount. More weight on my wrists than I'm used to, but I can deal with that.

Just starting to regain feeling in the bottom of my toes... Something about the cold, peg vibes and tight boots... I rode about 15-20 miles down to a local dealer without planning to. They were just closing, pulling in the bikes and quads. Said "go ahead and look, we have lots to do." One time the guy came in and asked "When can I order you a new rear tire?" I had to go out and look- thought it had 500-1000 miles left. Nope. Down to the center wear bars. Got a quote on Pilot Road 2s- $408 mounted and balanced for 120/70 and 160/60 17s. Just found them for $294.95 on STG. I think they said $25 a wheel off the bike... hmmm... $50 difference... Might chalk it up to supporting a local shop and order locally.

Have to do more research before I decide on exactly which tires I want, and I have time with the snow we're supposed to get this weekend. Other than sportbiketrackgear, what's a good online tire shop?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Go look for a local shop over a dealer, they usually can get ya better deals on tires and mounting. Also ask if they have a no mar machine or similar. You don't want them scratching up your wheel.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Go look for a local shop over a dealer, they usually can get ya better deals on tires and mounting. Also ask if they have a no mar machine or similar. You don't want them scratching up your wheel.
There is a tire shop or two in town here. Don't know if I'd trust them with moto wheels though. The one place has done decent work on my truck tires (aluminum wheels).
Old 03-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Nice! Congrats!!
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote