Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Default HTC Droid Incredible Review.

Yea, I know, I've been in every thread here talking about it, but its time to make my official review, as promised. This is a great "phone", but not without faults...as with any piece of electronics.

Lets just get this out of the way, the battery situation leaves much to be desired. If you're a power user who leaves the Wifi, GPS, and BT on, run a lot of programs, likes the screen bright and is constantly updating Weather, Email, etc. etc....then you're going to get 5 hours of battery max on a properly conditioned stock battery. Furthermore, the Incredible's battery problem being two-fold, once your phone is fully charged it stops using outlet power and begins working off the battery again. So, when you wake up in the morning it is necessary to disconnect and reconnect the charger to get back to 100% before you leave.

Its not a deal breaker for me. I use a car charger, plug it in when its being used as a media player at the house, and I do ok. I did order a larger 2150mah battery from Verizon which came in today and is on the charger. I also had to cut the back of my holster case out with a Dremel to fit the new battery/back. I expect to get 8-10 hours of laptop like use with the new battery, and I really like the added thickness.

Surfing the web is done at near laptop speeds, whether on Wifi or 3G, and in most cases it has replaced my laptop. Android 2.1 still can't handle all Flash, but will be upgraded for that soon enough. The phone's browser comes with auto-wrap for text, meaning no more left to right scrolling when you zoom in. This is nearly instantaneous and very useful. Mobile sites are no longer a necessity for mobile surfing.

I have over a thousand voice minutes used and not one single dropped call, as opposed to one or two daily from my iPhone. Sometimes I even hold it in the lower left corner, Audio is clear and crisp, no complaints there.

Email is a cinch. I've hear people complaining about not being able to sync their Yahoo! account, but I haven't had that problem. Google Voice integration is excellent, as is the turn-by-turn navigation. Re-routing is done in just a couple of seconds when you miss your turn, and works flawlessly when running other programs, like Pandora. Navigation volume and Media volume can be controlled separately so when you're jamming to Pandora in your car the navigation lady doesn't scream at you. In many ways, like voice control, the Incredible has an edge over actual Navigation systems.

Multi-tasking speed is so fast that you don't even think about it. Switching back and forth between programs is seamless and without stutter. The widgets are where its at. If you've got a smartphone, and you don't have widget capabilities, then that sucks for you because they're the shit. Hey, I bet you have to open a program or go to the internet to see a weather radar huh? Well, not me, got it right on my 7th screen.

Anyway,t hat's all I can really think of right now. Going to go look at the Droid X now...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Keep the Incredible, the Droid X is an oversized brick.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Maybe not. I haven't actually held one yet, but I like the idea of the bigger screen. We'll see. I have to get another Verizon phone for my wife, I was going to give her the Incredible and get the X for myself, but we'll see. Its too expensive to keep her with ATT.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Methinks slice can't handle a whopper...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Methinks slice can't handle a whopper...
This ass says exit only..... Dont know about yours
Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Can't speak for him, but I do most of my talking out of my mouth...so my ass doesn't really say much.

Just installed Handcent to replace the stock SMS/MMS app. Very cool and highly customizable, even the fonts. Great popup message when a new text comes in too.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Can't speak for him, but I do most of my talking out of my mouth...so my ass doesn't really say much.

Just installed Handcent to replace the stock SMS/MMS app. Very cool and highly customizable, even the fonts. Great popup message when a new text comes in too.
I had hand sent and got tired of it but maybe you'll like it better...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
That's too bad, you could probably do one heck of a prostate massage with those "small hands" of yours. Seriously though, how did you get anal from a burger king reference? Mind in the gutter? Freudian slip? Or maybe a bad childhood experience? Did the other kids used to call you drive through?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
That's too bad, you could probably do one heck of a prostate massage with those "small hands" of yours. Seriously though, how did you get anal from a burger king reference? Mind in the gutter? Freudian slip? Or maybe a bad childhood experience? Did the other kids used to call you drive through?
I had no idea you were talking about my hands when you said I couldn't handle a whopper.......So, I assumed the worst and that you were making one of your frequent sexual references

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Hmmm...just went and checked out the Droid X in person. I think I like the Incredible better, but its hard to say.
As expected.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Thats another topic....

The whole thing where gay guys are either givers or taker and not both.
Homeslice is officially a giver.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote