Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #141
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
That's what I'm reading.
Yep me too, I've already seen this type of evidence and decided to avoid it because the PCs and the AMJs will never openly admit, regardless of proof, that WAY more oil "seeps" into the oceans naturally than we have ever spilled or dumped. If these numbers are even close to correct then we have a long way to go. I'm am not saying that the oil spill is "okay" by any means, btw. I actually agree that having a back up plan in place BEFORE an accident happens is definitely the way to go. I just hope that this doesn't forestall our efforts to drill for oil off the coast of NC. I know that a lot of environmentalists are pointing at this and screaming, "see? I told you!!!" While completely ignoring the rather good track record of this type of drilling as a whole. People constantly bring up the Exxon Valdez but forget how many tankers come and go everyday.... Man, I just want to get on my bike and ride and enjoy my spaghetti that I nuked in a plastic bowl....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #142
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I've already seen this type of evidence and decided to avoid it because the PCs and the AMJs will never openly admit, regardless of proof, that WAY more oil "seeps" into the oceans naturally than we have ever spilled or dumped.
PC and I are members of the naturally occurring oil seepage Illuminati, and now that you know that, we're going to have to kill you.

Sorry, those are the rules.

Your argument, btw, is complete crap. I don't give a fuck how much oil seeps up from the ground, because that oil doesn't have a fraction of the immediate impact that a major spill does, and there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.

JC
Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #143
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
PC and I are members of the naturally occurring oil seepage Illuminati, and now that you know that, we're going to have to kill you.

Sorry, those are the rules.

Your argument, btw, is complete crap. I don't give a fuck how much oil seeps up from the ground, because that oil doesn't have a fraction of the immediate impact that a major spill does, and there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.

JC
You aren't supposed to tell our evil plan until just before you try to kill him. Jeez! You know these things if you ever went to meetings.

You can stand in the rain and have 100 gallons of water fall on you over the course of a day. Get submerged in that water, all at once, and it's a bit of a different outcome.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #144
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
You aren't supposed to tell our evil plan until just before you try to kill him. Jeez! You know these things if you ever went to meetings.
I told you when I signed up, that Tuesday is my bowling night.

JC
Old 05-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #145
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I told you when I signed up, that Tuesday is my bowling night.

JC
Dude walks on frikkin' water and can have a fish fry for 10,000 people on $1.97, but can't move a bowling night

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #146
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

You can stand in the rain and have 100 gallons of water fall on you over the course of a day. Get submerged in that water, all at once, and it's a bit of a different outcome.
Hey now, that's a very good analogy....kudos! I do think the point that the ocean can "handle it" is a valid one. If you take the volume of oil vs the volume of water.... Anyway, that's a great argument and with that I must concede your point, well played sir!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #147
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I like how their first attempt was to capture the oil and pump it to the surface. Would it stop the leak? Yes. It also would allow them to pump the line and not lose any of the production. It failed. Who would have thought that it would be freezing at almost a mile down.

They're now going to drill a secondary line and do a junk plug. That's where they take all sorts of random material and push it down the line with heavy mud. Random, as in, golf balls, shredded tires, rope, etc.

It's back to a few months for expected plug... yay.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #148
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Dude walks on frikkin' water and can have a fish fry for 10,000 people on $1.97, but can't move a bowling night

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote