Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #21
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over200 View Post
First of all I would never condone that type of shit for any other rider to do.....and honestly there are no real secrets...other than the 7 P's they can't be taught you either have it or you don't if you have to ask then you don't and just pull the fuck over IMMEDIATELY!!!...That alone will go along ways for you!
I'm with you all the way, it's a personal decision. I was referring to the specifics of getting away from a helicopter. From the video and others it seems impossible to get completely out of their sight for more than a second.
None of the vehicles I've seen are as rapid as yours but I'm still curious...
Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #22
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

outrunning a helicopter- plausible.

outrunning a video camera- negative.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 AM   #23
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

it works now-shitty music.

maybe he just didnt wana pay to get his bike out the impound? parked it and waited 4the cops to catch up lol
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
it works now-shitty music.

maybe he just didnt wana pay to get his bike out the impound? parked it and waited 4the cops to catch up lol
Ha ha! Good one! Yea that had to save him what $200 anyway!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've personally out run the cops on several occasions(no suprise,right?) and for me the main things to remember is;

1. Commit- be serious,either go or don't go. Don't change your mind and don't half ass it. Get the fuck out!

2. Break visual contact ASAP! Get out of their sight.

3. 2 or 3 exits rule. Get off the freeway within a couple exits to avoid a 2nd cop trap. Don't leave the freeway until you've achevied #2!

4. Try to get going the opposite way if possible. Very confusing to the police and their tactics.

5. Stop running. As soon as you're away and on a different road,hopefully headed in another direction,stop speeding. You'll only invite other chases and bring attention to yourself.

6. If you are part of a group,split up and go different ways.

7. If a different Cop wants to pull you over later,PULL OVER! It makes you look innocent and they can't prove anything if you acheived #s 2,3 and 4.

8. Get off the road for awhile. If you're far from home,stop somewhere and eat,get gas,a drink,etc.

9. If you're not too far from home park it for the day.

10. Above all be CALM. Don't panic. If there is traffic or whatever,pick your way thru and don't take un-necessary chances. Use your bikes strengths to accellerate,brake and change direction your ass on out of there!!!

I personally don't run in the city but if you do,my advice would be to get off the street and home or a friends quick or at least hit the highway or backroad if possible. Also,either ride with friends you can trust or don't tell strangers too much about you. The only ways I've ever seen (in person) someone get busted was by narc(aquaintances had his cell #) or crash(in town). I've never heard of the police actually running a guy on a sportbike down on the highway or backroads(again personally). Oh and I don't know what the gas mileage figures for a GSXR1000 at WOT are but they have to be at lease 10-15 mpg,I'd think. At top speed you could be 3 miles away every minute. How long will it take that cop top slow down,cross the freeway,and come after you? If he's stationary,how long to get on the freeway and accererate to 100+ mph?

Wish I saw this last week. Four tickets in one week! Damn coppers!
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Wish I saw this last week. Four tickets in one week! Damn coppers!
WOW!!! In your case,I'd suggest a visit to Saeng/Ta and Valentine1or to Adaptive Technologies! I know alot of guys don't think radar detectors are worthwhile on bikes but I've been running one since my '88 V-Max and it has saved my ass many,MANY times! I won't ride ride without it!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

what Kat didn't say is they pulled her over to ask her number
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
WOW!!! In your case,I'd suggest a visit to Saeng/Ta and Valentine1or to Adaptive Technologies! I know alot of guys don't think radar detectors are worthwhile on bikes but I've been running one since my '88 V-Max and it has saved my ass many,MANY times! I won't ride ride without it!
True that. I've met Mike Valentine and he's cool as shit!
My fam did some installation work for him and he chatted us up- dude knows his shit about radar and police procedure, pretty funny too.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #29
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
what Kat didn't say is they pulled her over to ask her number
My thoughts exactly.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #30
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

Quote:
I've personally out run the cops on several occasions(no suprise,right?) and for me the main things to remember is;

1. Commit- be serious,either go or don't go. Don't change your mind and don't half ass it. Get the fuck out!

2. Break visual contact ASAP! Get out of their sight.

3. 2 or 3 exits rule. Get off the freeway within a couple exits to avoid a 2nd cop trap. Don't leave the freeway until you've achevied #2!

4. Try to get going the opposite way if possible. Very confusing to the police and their tactics.

5. Stop running. As soon as you're away and on a different road,hopefully headed in another direction,stop speeding. You'll only invite other chases and bring attention to yourself.

6. If you are part of a group,split up and go different ways.

7. If a different Cop wants to pull you over later,PULL OVER! It makes you look innocent and they can't prove anything if you acheived #s 2,3 and 4.

8. Get off the road for awhile. If you're far from home,stop somewhere and eat,get gas,a drink,etc.

9. If you're not too far from home park it for the day.

10. Above all be CALM. Don't panic. If there is traffic or whatever,pick your way thru and don't take un-necessary chances. Use your bikes strengths to accellerate,brake and change direction your ass on out of there!!!

I personally don't run in the city but if you do,my advice would be to get off the street and home or a friends quick or at least hit the highway or backroad if possible. Also,either ride with friends you can trust or don't tell strangers too much about you. The only ways I've ever seen (in person) someone get busted was by narc(aquaintances had his cell #) or crash(in town). I've never heard of the police actually running a guy on a sportbike down on the highway or backroads(again personally). Oh and I don't know what the gas mileage figures for a GSXR1000 at WOT are but they have to be at lease 10-15 mpg,I'd think. At top speed you could be 3 miles away every minute. How long will it take that cop top slow down,cross the freeway,and come after you? If he's stationary,how long to get on the freeway and accererate to 100+ mph?
100 percent correct I don't condone t but if you are to do it these are the methods you use to not get caught good informative post.....
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote