Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
It isn't a black/white thing. All the "thugs" around here do it whether they're black, white, purple, whatever...

I think it's because they can't move their feet around to get to the pedals because their pants are too low.
I agree about the color thing...I see all races doing it around here.

I never thought about the pants thing and about spewed Coca-Cola on my keyboard/screen when I read this...could be.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #22
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
But do groups of kids go downtown with the specific objective of finding homeless people to beat up on? When it hit the news a couple yrs ago it was the first I've heard of that. Are they really that bored in Milwaukee?
Send them to Austin... panhandling is the 3rd most common form of employment here and the herd needs to be thinned.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #23
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8
Default I

I have been staying out of these 'generalization' threads because I can be pretty racist at times. Mostly because I myself am black and you have to want to help yourself before you get my respect. However this one I can't help but comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah, tell that to the cops that got shot through their cars during the famous N.Hollywood bank robbery.
I would like to point out that in the N Hollywood shootout the assailants were using a lot more firepower than is typically used in a street violence scenario (it is easier to conceal a glock than an AK with a drum clip) and armor piercing ammunition.

Fun Fact: The N Hollywood shootout was one of the primary motivations in the development of a true SWAT team and opened the debate on what the weaponry a patrol officer should have access to due to the fact officers were forced to raid local gun shops for automatics and semiautos to have a chance in hell and the police commissioner vowed never to have to do that again to have a fighting chance.

Now to the topic, this whole making a bed out of your seat thing actually came about a long time ago when even law abiding African Americans were afraid of the police so they leaned the seat back as a kind of first defense against being pulled over for a DWB (Driving While Black). Then the thugs and whatnot realized that it was useful for a couple reasons. 1) It makes it harder to see who is driving (I.E. If you had warrants and the local police were looking for you, rival gang members, or you were in the process of committing a crime) and 2. Because as said above the under educated (and let's be honest 95% of thugs and gangbangers fall into this category) think the door will stop bullets (after all it is metal right? :P)

Last edited by Ineffable; 11-20-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #24
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
... of course it gives the white suburban kids something to emulate as well.
200 years ago everyone wanted to be white, funny how times change and now even the upper class wants to be black. My guess is in another 100 years we will all try and be Mexican.
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
200 years ago everyone wanted to be white, funny how times change and now even the upper class wants to be black. My guess is in another 100 years we will all try and be Mexican.
The way the fat white chics are flocking to them....in 100yrs we may all BE mexicans
Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
The way the fat white chics are flocking to them....in 100yrs we may all BE mexicans
You said what I was thinking, Troy.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

This post humors me and now I will chuckle

hmphhh fa he he

I shall not critique or analyze this post because it has amused me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #28
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I would say it's less "wanting to be another color" and more "wanting to be someone who has something I want or think I want"

For the past 25 years, Black people have been portrayed as cool, in 2 different ways.........

#1 the whole gangsta thing
#2 supposedly being more "with it" than Whites in terms of style, personality, and "game"

Now, #1 can be explained by the simple fact that kids will emulate gangstas no matter what color they are. So when the whole gangsta rap thing took off, kids liked the "tough" image and wanted to emulate that. If Asians had started the gangsta rap thing, everyone would be emulating Asians.

#2 is all Hollywood, and it's something they continue to perpetuate on TV, movies, etc, because it is profitable for them to do so.

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-20-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I would say it's less "wanting to be another color" and more "wanting to be someone who has something I want or think I want"

For the past 25 years, Black people have been portrayed as cool, in 2 different ways.........

#1 the whole gangsta thing
#2 supposedly being more "with it" than Whites in terms of style, personality, and "game"

Now, #1 can be explained by the simple fact that kids will emulate gangstas no matter what color they are. So when the whole gangsta rap thing took off, kids liked the "tough" image and wanted to emulate that. If Asians had started the gangsta rap thing, everyone would be emulating Asians.

#2 is all Hollywood, and it's something they continue to perpetuate on TV, movies, etc, because it is profitable for them to do so.

Or......
#3 It's fucking true and we are cooler than you honkies!!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #30
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Or......
#3 It's fucking true and we are cooler than you honkies!!!!
You could only possibly be "half" cooler than us honkies, homie!
defector is offline   Reply With Quote