Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
If I can get a ride worked out I'm going in on Friday to have it done.

Do you recommend one of the Manns over the other?
I had the elder, and Evan had the younger... so I don't think I have a preference. Their facility was fantastic. Two thumbs up.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
the TV?
Try again!
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'm in the process of getting mine setup... not sure if I'll have PRK or Lasik done. depends on what they tell me... the Air Force does both. but being I have an astigmatism in both eyes... I've got to take my contacts out and wear my glasses for 45 days... on day... 8 right now... fucking sucks... but it's FREE so I won't bitch.... too much
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #14
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Moto: 05 1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I'm in the process of getting mine setup... not sure if I'll have PRK or Lasik done. depends on what they tell me... the Air Force does both. but being I have an astigmatism in both eyes... I've got to take my contacts out and wear my glasses for 45 days... on day... 8 right now... fucking sucks... but it's FREE so I won't bitch.... too much
I had an astigmatism in both eyes, 3.5 in one and 4.5 in the other and I didn't have to keep the contacts out for any length of time before hand...strange.
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
I had an astigmatism in both eyes, 3.5 in one and 4.5 in the other and I didn't have to keep the contacts out for any length of time before hand...strange.
yeah I'm not gonna wait 45 days... maybe 15-20... then go in... fuck'm ... they won't even do the INITIAL eval till then... and I've already done that once... and i wore my contacts TO that appointment. being that the surgery will be 2 weeks out from the appt... 15-20 days should be fine...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
I haven't seen an eye doc for a while, but I asked last time. Said I couldn't do it because of astig. I need to talk to a different one...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
speedylocksmith
Much better off!!

Moto: 05 1Krr

Quote:
yeah I'm not gonna wait 45 days... maybe 15-20... then go in... fuck'm ... they won't even do the INITIAL eval till then... and I've already done that once... and i wore my contacts TO that appointment. being that the surgery will be 2 weeks out from the appt... 15-20 days should be fine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I haven't seen an eye doc for a while, but I asked last time. Said I couldn't do it because of astig. I need to talk to a different one...
yeah, kinda strange. This is who did mine ----> http://www.mleye.com/ Dr. Lessner did mine personally. It was $4400 because of the astigmatism but well worth it since you only get one chance and I'd rather have one of the best do it. He's done Tiger Woods, and is the official Lasik provider to UM, Panthers, Dolphins, Heat and Marlins
speedylocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I didn't go to the Doctors Mann, but I had mine done 3 or so years back.
It's been great thus far.
I was nearsighted with astigmatism. I don't remember all the numbers, but they had no trouble correcting for it.
The only possible side effect I've noticed is difficulty through-focusing when shooting with iron sights.
I still do alright so I'd say that's a small price to pay.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
If you were wearing soft contacts it shouldn't need more than a couple weeks to settle but the longer you don't wear them the more likely your eyes will be in their natural postion and less likely to need a second correction. I'd go with Lasik (and did) It's less intrusive in that they only cut the skin over the cornea and laser the outside of the cornea. Don't bitch, mine was $4200

I could literally only see about 6 inches away before it got blurry before I had mine done and i could read road signs at 30-40 yrds on the way home from having it done. I did have to have my right eye corrected a year later but they've been perfect since.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I've heard it's not a good idea for someone whose prescription changes every year. Also some people have had issues with seeing halos at night.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote