Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Hahahahahaha. They don't have to race a lap to earn my business. I don't give a shit who they compete against. I'm still gonna support the Americans.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Hahahahahaha. They don't have to race a lap to earn my business. I don't give a shit who they compete against. I'm still gonna support the Americans.
Who makes that nice camera you own?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Who makes that nice camera you own?
Or his TV, stereo, car, watch, etc, etc, etc.... I've had that argument many times with my soon to be ex-friends when I switched from Harley to Yamaha. I can't keep buying "American" (which Harley isn't btw) if they are going to be more expensive and give less reliability and performance. I understand that they are much better these days (mostly because they gave up on a lot of their inferior American suppliers) but...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Or his TV, stereo, car, watch, etc, etc, etc.... I've had that argument many times with my soon to be ex-friends when I switched from Harley to Yamaha. I can't keep buying "American" (which Harley isn't btw) if they are going to be more expensive and give less reliability and performance. I understand that they are much better these days (mostly because they gave up on a lot of their inferior American suppliers) but...
Harley is American (regardless of where the parts come from), and I didn't mind paying a bit more for mine because the resale will preserve most of any extra paid.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Harley is American (regardless of where the parts come from), and I didn't mind paying a bit more for mine because the resale will preserve most of any extra paid.
And it's guys like you that have kept them in business regardless of what kind of shit bikes they've produced... Again I understand that their quality has improved and sure when they promise to buy back a bike for what you paid for it, you can't go wrong... Unfortunately, I don't buy a motorcycle as an investment, I want to ride. I want to get up in the morning and put the key in and KNOW that it's going to start. I want to have the best performance in that class WITHOUT having to spend another $5-10,000 on transmission/engine upgrades. I didn't want to wait two years for a bike that was designed 10 years ago using 50 year old technology. Plus pay 1 1/2 as much money... To each their own but to accuse me of being "un-American" because I won't support a company that sells crap (imho) just because they're "assembled" in this country is bullshit!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Not America and not concerned.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

repped
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I'm a little late to the party here but...is this thread really about Buell racing their liter bike against Japan and Italy's 600cc bikes????

hahahahaha, that's the lamest thing I've ever heard. How pathetic is it that America still can't build a bike to truly compete with Japan in the 600cc and 1000cc categories on the street AND the track?

If Buell is so great why don't/can't they simply build a powerful enough 600cc motor to compete with???!??!?? Pathetic.
________
Best penny stocks

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:54 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I'm a little late to the party here but...is this thread really about Buell racing their liter bike against Japan and Italy's 600cc bikes????

hahahahaha, that's the lamest thing I've ever heard. How pathetic is it that America still can't build a bike to truly compete with Japan in the 600cc and 1000cc categories on the street AND the track?

If Buell is so great why don't/can't they simply build a powerful enough 600cc motor to compete with???!??!?? Pathetic.
Well first off, Buell builds street bikes and THEN decides to race them for the publicity......Unlike the Japanese who build bikes with a priority on winning races as the first priority.

Also, if America wanted to, I'm sure it could build an inline 4, but of course it would be 10-15 years before it would have the quality of a Jap engine. Unless they just outsource it like they usually do
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

Damn, my brother! Exactly my point, they go on and on about how much "better" their bike is but when it's time to prove it....