effing caps
Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
i'M GOOD FOR OCTOBER
effing caps
Do you still want to try for th emotomarathon? I woul dlike to do that too, just need to see if any of the local guys are up for doing it too.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am unsure if I will do that down here or not now. They aren't giving you hotel information prior to the ride and getting a room where its going may be really pricey and could be booked up.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #24
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Like I said I an looking at the motto marathon, I need to conserve $$$ because i'm going to vacation in Jamaica in December. It will probably be one or the other. I also have to use 14 days if vacation by the end if September so if themeet is in October then it looks like the mitigation might win
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am unsure if I will do that down here or not now. They aren't giving you hotel information prior to the ride and getting a room where its going may be really pricey and could be booked up.
For the NY one it seems like our first and last nights will be out of a hotel in fishkill NY If theyre covering most of NY state I think the other nights will be spent in less populated areas, and I cant see them sending us south through westchester and NYC. If they do I will tell wifey to get things ready because the team is comming ot spend the night LOL
Old 07-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
For the NY one it seems like our first and last nights will be out of a hotel in fishkill NY If theyre covering most of NY state I think the other nights will be spent in less populated areas, and I cant see them sending us south through westchester and NYC. If they do I will tell wifey to get things ready because the team is comming ot spend the night LOL
We are playing around the smokies, during leaf peeper season. Hotels can be busy.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
We are playing around the smokies, during leaf peeper season. Hotels can be busy.
Good point, the one in NY shouldnt be bad, not realy anything going on that weekend, too early for leaf peeping and the kids are back in school so fri and sat nights shouldnt be an issue in booking/finding something. I am assuming they will have us heading through western NY then norht towards buffalo. Outside of cooperstown and buffalo there isnt that much there in terms of big cities.

I am hoping to have a group of 3 or 4 of us doing it so that way we can delegate responsibilities among the group as far as route planning, and lodging and whatever else may come up.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Good point, the one in NY shouldnt be bad, not realy anything going on that weekend, too early for leaf peeping and the kids are back in school so fri and sat nights shouldnt be an issue in booking/finding something. I am assuming they will have us heading through western NY then norht towards buffalo. Outside of cooperstown and buffalo there isnt that much there in terms of big cities.

I am hoping to have a group of 3 or 4 of us doing it so that way we can delegate responsibilities among the group as far as route planning, and lodging and whatever else may come up.
From reading about it. Its more like a gumball than iron butt rally. A lot of the group rides together and easily gets all the checkpoints. Its basically a moving rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #29
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
From reading about it. Its more like a gumball than iron butt rally. A lot of the group rides together and easily gets all the checkpoints. Its basically a moving rally.
Thats what it seems like, saying how all the check points are easily doable in a day and that sort of thing. I figure for 50 bucks its not that bad and theres a lot of NY state I havent seen/been to so that will be cool. Plus it would be good meeting new people with similar mindsets with sport touring, but would also be good having my own group of friends to ride with.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Thats what it seems like, saying how all the check points are easily doable in a day and that sort of thing. I figure for 50 bucks its not that bad and theres a lot of NY state I havent seen/been to so that will be cool. Plus it would be good meeting new people with similar mindsets with sport touring, but would also be good having my own group of friends to ride with.
I was hoping for more of a challenge, so I am looking into another rally now. I wanted something where there is actually a winner, not one of these new age everybody gets a medal things.