Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

interesting
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

im not arguing that they dont work, but ive never had a tire cupping problem that i know of, and ive never lost a wheel weight, so how is it better?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

ummm aren't those chrome rims my brother? How about not having that gunk from stick on weights on them or even the weights uglying up your rims? How about not having some fucking idiot at the stealership scratch up your rims removing said weights. but I've had to go back to have my balance redone several times in the past and I've had huge problems with performance tires and balancing in the past on different cars and trucks I've owned.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
ummm aren't those chrome rims my brother? How about not having that gunk from stick on weights on them or even the weights uglying up your rims? How about not having some fucking idiot at the stealership scratch up your rims removing said weights. but I've had to go back to have my balance redone several times in the past and I've had huge problems with performance tires and balancing in the past on different cars and trucks I've owned.
no chrome homie, my rims are white like yours. talkin bikes here. i acknowledged the custom aspect/benefit-but like i said, are they better? ive never lost a weight-tire change dont take long, and i been goin to the same place for awhile, sometimes i hang out and watch em work, but i never had a prob. even if i gotta take my own weights off(i dont) so they dont scratch em up when they take em off at the tire shop, or just not have them balance my tire, buy beads, then go home and let all the air out, pour beads into it, and air it back up to get the same performance-id just take the fuckin weights off myself. that takes 2mins.

thats why my question is are they better. its a great idea if they work, gman says they do, but if its just for aesthetic aspects, thats perfectly fine, but not worth the extra hassle they would cause me.

never spun a tire on a streetbike-on my racebike whenever i get a new tire mounted, it moves about a 1/8" after the 1st launch, then never again
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #15
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
im not arguing that they dont work, but ive never had a tire cupping problem that i know of, and ive never lost a wheel weight, so how is it better?
Its not just cosmetic. By doing this it ensures that your tires are ALWAYS balenced. By doing it the other way even if done correctly is only balanced from that point when its brand new. The beads will adjust every second the entire time they are in there.

Forget the cosmetic, forget the tire life extension... it makes the bike ride better.

For example... my 9R use to shake pretty good at 150mph. But maybe that was just the tires.

Plus these beads are cheaper than balancing. Truely if you wanted to... you could then change your own tires and then throw these in and you're done.

Further, you track guys... no more taping over your stock stick on or crimp on weights. Cause they aren't there!!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #16
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I've used these... not this brand for my truck... cause when you get into 35"+ tires they tend to not be perfectly round and often WAY out of round.

also when wheeling wheel weights get stripped off really easy...

never had an issue with these... never thought about them for the bike... be nice if you had a setup for track as you wouldn't have to worry about tape'n wheel weights... but I'd only do it if you had a spare set of rims as try'n to change tires with these beads gets messy...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #17
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
more accurate... ever had a tire balanced that still felt a little off? I have... on my truck when you get to 33" tires they can only be corrected SO much... before you've run out of space for the weights... granted that won't happen on a motorcycle... but the accuracy comment still applies...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Not the beads I was thinking off (thank god there are no installation photos of those)

It is a cool idea but as often as sportbikes go thru a set of tires it does seem like a ton of work for balance. I could see a tourer or cruiser liking the idea though!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #19
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

that's the thing smiley... its still better and CHEAPER to do this on your sportbikes. CHEAPER!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Its not just cosmetic. By doing this it ensures that your tires are ALWAYS balenced. By doing it the other way even if done correctly is only balanced from that point when its brand new. The beads will adjust every second the entire time they are in there.

Forget the cosmetic, forget the tire life extension... it makes the bike ride better.

For example... my 9R use to shake pretty good at 150mph. But maybe that was just the tires.

Plus these beads are cheaper than balancing. Truely if you wanted to... you could then change your own tires and then throw these in and you're done.

Further, you track guys... no more taping over your stock stick on or crimp on weights. Cause they aren't there!!
did the beads smooth out the 9r? my bike is pretty smooth at 150-loud, but smooth-but they are balanced. im never changing a tire myself, its not cost effective(for me) dont have the tools or the patience. rather spend 25bucks and let some1 else change and balance em-but if it makes the bike ride better, ill try em...do they work on inner tube tires as well? assuming your tires were balanced in the first place, at what speed do u really start to notice the difference the beads make, since u just installed em?

based on ebbs post, i think they'd be great on a motorcycle drag slick-thats the only tire id bother mounting myself i think.