Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > International Riders

Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default The Honda NC35

It's a 400cc version of "The Awesome" aka Honda RC45. Anyone know any particulars about it? I'm just curious right now, but in a deadly serious kinda way

With the low speed limits in Japan, my RC51 would never legally see 3rd gear (possibly not even 2nd on work days). So I'm seriously thinking about breaking her down into main assemblies and sending her back to the states where I'll reassemble her the next time I'm there. But I'm looking for something a little more practical for Japan than a 1000cc Vtwin.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Awesome bike! If you can possibly get it back to the states it'll be worth big bucks. Oh and if you bring it back to the states can I PLEASE take it for a spin? Or at the very least get a picture of myself on it?

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
was92v
Nowhere Man

The NC30 is definitely on my wish list! I would love to have one.

Last edited by was92v; 05-14-2010 at 07:24 PM..
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Awesome bike! If you can possibly get it back to the states it'll be worth big bucks. Oh and if you bring it back to the states can I PLEASE take it for a spin? Or at the very least get a picture of myself on it?
When something comes around that I want to do, there is always a way. If I ever make it back to the states, then I'll be in touch. But before I make any promises, I need to track one down first (oh wait, I gotta get back to Japan before that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
The NC30 is definitely on my wish list! I would love to have one.
Mine too I'd love to pick either a NC30 or NC35. Hell, I'll probably try to find both. But what'd be tits is finding a RC30 (never in my life am I gonna see an RC45)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
When something comes around that I want to do, there is always a way. If I ever make it back to the states, then I'll be in touch. But before I make any promises, I need to track one down first (oh wait, I gotta get back to Japan before that).

Mine too I'd love to pick either a NC30 or NC35. Hell, I'll probably try to find both. But what'd be tits is finding a RC30 (never in my life am I gonna see an RC45)
i found an nc30 wearing repsol plastics driving around in philly one day. dude even let me sit on it. tiny little bike and crazy light. wish i had had some spare cash lying around i woulda hit the guy with an offer immediately.

Last edited by Dave; 02-22-2009 at 10:45 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i found an nc30 wearing repsol plastics driving around in philly one day. dude even let me sit on it. tiny little bike and crazy light. wish i had had some spare cash lying around i woulda hit the guy with an offer immediately.
There's probably no way he'd ever sell that little thing, but gorgeous it is.

I've got the RC51, a VTX1300, and I weigh a grand total of 135. I'm a midget astride monsters. And the monster I've got in Japan has some VERY long legs, I feel very sorry for the guys that brought their Hayabusas here. If I'm afraid of not getting out of second, I can't imagine that beast getting out of second.

But I'd like to smaller bike out here that I'm not gonna need to worry about. Something that can do 40kph without a care and can do 200 kph without a problem, hence my search for the NC30/35. But what I'm curious about now is something that I need to keep an eye out for i.e. "buyers beware"
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
There's probably no way he'd ever sell that little thing, but gorgeous it is.

I've got the RC51, a VTX1300, and I weigh a grand total of 135. I'm a midget astride monsters. And the monster I've got in Japan has some VERY long legs, I feel very sorry for the guys that brought their Hayabusas here. If I'm afraid of not getting out of second, I can't imagine that beast getting out of second.

But I'd like to smaller bike out here that I'm not gonna need to worry about. Something that can do 40kph without a care and can do 200 kph without a problem, hence my search for the NC30/35. But what I'm curious about now is something that I need to keep an eye out for i.e. "buyers beware"
he actually said he was looking to for around 5k. claimed parts sourcing and wear and tear of it being his daily. also said his bro had an rgv250! anyway the best place to spot titled grey market bikes in the states is http://raresportbikesforsale.com/ or use a craigslist search client.

say, ever thought of a cbr250rr?? those suckers SCREAM. 20k redline stock and its a 4 stroke so easy on the maint
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

I owned a NC30 for a bit. Fun little bike, but it had no title and parts were just about impossible to find locally. I sold it to a guy from north FL for 6k.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I owned a NC30 for a bit. Fun little bike, but it had no title and parts were just about impossible to find locally. I sold it to a guy from north FL for 6k.
So you had one?! I think parts may be a little easier for me to find out here. Do you remember it having any issues?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

If I can find a 250rr, then I'll see about picking it up. But the RC and NCs come first.